This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

COLLEGE STATION, Oct 16, 2022 – The 11th annual Brazos Valley Fair & Rodeo will be held the weekends of October 14-16 and 21-23. This event is a staple in the Bryan-College Station (BCS) area and loved by the residents of Aggieland. So what all can you expect? 

As the fair was organized to showcase agriculture, education, and the youth, there are a large variety of events and exhibits to see and explore. This past Friday started the kickoff weekend with a Steak Cook-off and yesterday there was a BBQ Cook-off, as well as a Weld-Off and AgRobotics for local BCS students. There is a Car Show and Tractor Pull today, for which tickets can be bought online or at the gate. 

The main fair weekend is October 21st through the 23rd and includes the rodeo, concerts, the carnival, and many more attractions. The grounds, food vendors, and carnival become open to the public starting at 4 pm on Friday, October 21st. This event is very family-friendly, with various kids events occurring throughout the day, including crowd favorites, such as Mutton Bustin’ and pig races. 

Shop until you drop in the Exhibit Hall, where there will be a variety of vendors, including clothing, jewelry, home decor, and of course, food. The quilts and Western Art entered in the Creative Arts contest will be on display as well. Then, head on over to the North Arena, where you can see bull riding, barrel racing, and other rodeo favorites. Feeling adventurous yourself? The carnival area has safe, secure, and high-quality rides to enjoy for adults and kids. 

The concert’s headline entertainment is the country music singer and songwriter, Aaron Watson, beginning at 10 pm. Have plans on Friday? Don’t worry, the grounds open back up starting at 10 am on Saturday and at 12 pm on Sunday with the same events and different headline entertainment. Head over to KORA Main Stage at 9:45 pm on Saturday to listen to Honky Tonk Legend Mark Chesnutt. On Sunday at 8:45 pm, the regional Mexican band, Los Viejones de Linares, will be playing on the Alegria Main Stage. 

“The 2022 event is back and bigger than ever” stated Fiona Meyer, Senior Manager of the Brazos Valley Fair & Rodeo. “We are excited to offer so much at an affordable price as we encourage individuals and families to attend and enjoy the experience.”

The profits of this event go towards benefiting the community, including scholarships to students in the Brazos Valley and funding capital additions and improvements for the event. Since the first event in 2012, $120,750 in scholarships has been awarded to qualified youth.

You can learn more about the event on their website and purchase tickets. Come on out to the Brazos County Expo Complex to attend this local event!

Susana is a senior Kinesiology major at Texas A&M University. She loves to travel and recently studied abroad in Croatia and Belgium with Mays Business School. Her favorite hobbies include volunteering at her local library, reading fantasy novels, and analyzing Taylor Swift's latest easter egg.