This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

If you are a visitor or a new student to the area, here is a list of a few dining places you HAVE to try. 

Canteen Bar and Grill

This bar and grill is located near Century Square in College Station. This is more on the pricier side of places to eat, but the food is unfathomable. The lights were dim, the place was decorated well, it has a very good customer service. I recommend coming here for a date night or a night when the parentals are in town. A definite must-try!

Sodolaks Beefmasters Restaurant

A College Station hidden gem, Sodolaks is a prime place for a wonderful southern meal. They have amazing fried okra, so if that’s something you like, you definitely have to go and try it.

Dixie Chicken

You want a pitcher of beer and a fat, juicy burger after a long week? This is the place to go. This is a great place to catch up with friends, play pool, or dominoes, all the while drinking some chilled beer. After your meal, don’t forget to take a few steps into what is known as the ‘bottle cap alley’ where you will find a million bottle caps on the ground. This is the perfect opportunity to snap some pictures with your friends or take artsy pictures of the alley itself.

Yummi Yummi

If you’re looking for a reasonably priced sushi place, look no further. They have all kinds of sushi rolls, sake bombs, and they even have daily happy hour. Not only are the drinks half off, but the sushi rolls are half-priced too, which makes it that much better.

The Corner Bar & Grill

The Corner is located at Northgate. It has a rooftop to eat or drink at that has immaculate views of Aggieland. The views are breathtaking and are perfect for watching the sunset. They have just about every type of American food here, not super pricey. I def recommend going around sunset to capture cool pics.

Fuego

Have the late-night munchies but don’t want to go to the usual late-night Whatab run? Go to Fuego. This place stays open all of the time (literally) except for Mondays. It is a great place to get a delicious taco of your choice. 

Harvey Washbangers

Typical college restaurant. Forgot to do laundry in a while and have a pile of clothes growing in your room? Well, get this, here you can wash your clothes WHILE grabbing a bite to eat. How convenient!

MESS Waflle, Etc.

This is a cute little brunch place to help with your sweet tooth. They have an abundant amount of options to choose from for brunch- this will help cure your sweet tooth craving.

Hullabaloo Diner

You can only find something like this in Aggieland. This restaurant is actually located inside of an old van. It gives off super 50’s vibes. They have very food and excellent customer service.

The Republic

This is the perfect place for a date night or to go and celebrate something exciting. Even a girl’s steaks and wine night at The Republic would be a good time. The wine is pretty good, but the steak is even better. This is a MUST-try before graduating or leaving Aggieland. 

The list for must-try diners can definitely go on for a while, but I just decided to present my personal Aggieland favorites. I hope that you get the chance to go out and try these neat restaurants Aggieland has.

Camryn is a junior studying Geographical Information Science and Technology at Texas A&M University. She is from San Antonio, Texas. She loves to bake, loves live music, loves taking roadtrips, dunkin donuts coffee, icees, and anything chocolate. She also loves taking pictures of anything and everything just for fun.