8 Thoughts You Have About Your 8 a.m.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

1. Why did I do this?

Seriously, how did I get up every day in high school? I know I thought this class was only for a semester but if you think about it, that’s four months or 16 weeks of this torture. Ugh, I did this to myself.

2. Would anyone judge me if I just rolled out of bed and went to class like this?

I am wearing pink pajamas with hearts on the side and my hair looks like a nice nest for a bird. Oh well, who cares? Who am I trying to impress? YOLO. Oh wait-I can’t remember if there are any cute guys in my class…

3.  Sorry guys, I can’t go to Harry’s tonight. I have an 8a.m. on Fridays.

My friends probably hate me for being so lame, but last time I went out on Thirsty-Thursdays I was not only late for class but I had a raging hangover. So thanks, but no thanks.

4. What’s the worst thing that can happen if I Q-drop?

Is this class really worth it? I mean, if I take this class next semester at a LATER time I think I can still graduate on time. Anyway, I still have three Q-drops left…

5. Can I sneak into the same lecture later in the day?

I think I read on Howdy that this class is also offered at 3:55 p.m. Oh Dammit! That’s when my POLS class is. I am riding the struggle bus.

6. How many absences am I on now?

I can’t remember if we are only allowed three or four absences before our grade is dropped by one letter. Okay, maybe I can get a university excused absence if I go to the doctor right now.

7. Seriously, where is the sun?

This campus looks like Dawn of the Dead. We are all zombies. This is not right.

8. It is way too early for my professor to be excited about Biology right now.

Can her voice be any louder? Does her shirt have to be that bright? I better get an A in this class. 

Erum Salam is a student at Texas A&M and an aspiring writer and producer. Her vast experience in television, radio, and print has prepared her for the rapidly converging career path she wants to pursue. She aims to write and produce content that will educate and entertain a global audience. She believes Her Campus offers young women a platform to vocalize their thoughts on contemporary issues facing us today, while also providing hilarious content in the form of listicles, blog posts, or quizzes that surely resonates with the female millennial demographic.