kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Review on Sprouts Farmers Market

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Just for your information, Sprouts Farmers Market is not actually a farmer’s market. Sprouts is an organic grocery store that is very similar to the business of Whole Foods. A Sprouts market just opened in Tampa a couple of weeks ago, and I was able to go and shop there over the weekend. Here are my thoughts about Sprouts Farmers Market.  

I learned about Sprouts through a radio advertisement while my roommate and I were driving to UT, and she suggested we check it out over the weekend. I am always up for some produce, so of course I agreed. Since this was a radio advertisement that marketed Sprouts as a “Farmers Market” I was not expecting it to look like a grocery store. In all honesty this was a little disappointing.

When we walked in the door the place was SWARMED. People were really into this place, and when I took a look at some of their deals I could see why. Sprouts was selling boxes of rice crackers for only $1 and organic cherry tomatoes for $2.99! The cheap college student side of me was squealing. 

Much like Whole Foods, Sprouts offers a salad bar, olive bar, wood barrels full of grains and sweets and specialty coffee grounds. Everything looked delicious.

At the end of the day I ended up buying a box of mango passionfruit tea because I’m a little obsessed with mango and I couldn’t resist.

So overall, if you like Whole Foods you will probably enjoy Sprouts Farmers Market. If you are looking for a traditional farmers market where farmers sell local produce – you might prefer to look elsewhere.

My name is Leann Petschonek, and I am a Junior here at the University of Tampa studying Biology. I was originally born in Michigan, but moved to Florida when I was five, and loved the Sunshine State ever since (even though I am, Ironically, very VERY pale). I tend to be introverted in person, but I have a large voice on paper. You can usually find me reading a book- or glaring at one as I study, taking some pictures, or watching more television then I probably should.
Caity Berk, Former Campus Correspondents, is a current Senior at the University of Tampa, studying Marine Science & Biology with a minor in Environmental Sciences. She loves onion rings, dark chocolate, and empowering women. When she finally decides to grow up, Caity wants to work with people and help them understand the importance of the natural resources that surround us