This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

It’s no news that we are constantly changing, but what if I told you that your reality is shifting at the same pace or an even higher one? Since I entered my spiritual journey in 2020, my thought pattern and belief system have shifted so much that they’re unrecognizable in the best way possible. As a result, I lead a more carefree, present, and grounded life. My past self would never believe how far I’ve come. But these shifts didn’t just happen; they took a bit of work. So, here are some ways that I helped the universe take good care of me and show me that life can be a lot more joyful: 

1. Meditating Daily

Every day for the past month, I have been listening to a love meditation by Leeor Alexandra that instantly changed my life. After the first listen, I felt that I was more open and ready to receive and give love to myself and others. That same day and for days after, strangers and acquaintances seemed to be nicer to me, I got hit on more often, and I was also progressively nicer and more nurturing towards people. That’s because the meditation open’s your heart chakra and tunes your vibration to align with the love vibration. But I don’t just do meditation for love; I do it for many things, including sleep. What better way to have a restful night than just to relax and ease into the dream world?

1. Adding Yoga to my Weekly Schedule

Yoga helps us move all of the stagnant energy within us, promoting better health, mood, and much higher energy levels. It also strengthens our bodies significantly while giving us more mobility and flexibility. To me, it’s way more than a form of exercise. It’s a time to be completely present, look within, and get in touch with our emotions. So, what is there not to love? There are so many types of yoga that I’m sure people can find one that truly works for them. Since I’m always in tune with my mood, that’s how I choose which type to do. Therefore, my daily practice is a mystery even to me until the very minute I step into my mat. For emotional days, I like to do yin yoga or any practice that goes deeper into the hips. For energetic days, I flow through power yoga or vinyasa yoga practices on my mat.

1. Eating What My Body Wants Instead of What My Mind Tells Me to Eat

As a woman, bloating has been a problem since puberty. However, my lactose intolerance isn’t the only factor here. After suffering from gastritis (excess of stomach acid) and acid reflux, I was forced to undergo a dietary re-education. No, that doesn’t mean a diet per se. Although I have dieted many times before, it has never truly worked for me because I refuse to restrict myself from food. So, I decided to be more mindful of what I eat. Instead of always satisfying my cravings even when I know my body won’t agree with them, I only eat foods that make me feel good and safe in my body. Doing that gives me so much freedom that mealtimes are joyous for me once more, and I’m so proud to be able to say that. 

1. Manifesting, Visualizing, And Listening to Songs That Align With My New Self

You are what you consume. Let that sink in. We manifest what we think about and attract energies on the same level as ours. For that reason, I stopped consuming all kinds of media that I thought were too upsetting and only looked for the ones that would add value to my life. Although I love thrillers, I prefer engaging with more light-hearted sorts of media now. But by far, the most helpful manifestation tool for me has been Pinterest. In there, I create many vision boards with things I want to do, thoughts and feelings I want to have, clothes I want to wear, foods I want to eat, and places I want to visit. Be it a date, a food, a feeling, a trip, or a thought. They tend to manifest in my life fairly quickly. As for songs, anything that lifts my mood, puts a smile on my face, or makes me want to dance, goes straight into my playlist. In fact, you are welcome to check out this feel-good playlist I created on YouTube.

1. Living Authentically And Aligning With My Purpose While Being Nice to People

As someone who grew up with an abusive parent, I struggled a lot with self-esteem and self-worth. When you are constantly being told what to do, who to be, what to wear, and how to behave, it’s hard to have any sense of your real self. How do you separate who you are from who people want you to be? It took me 22 years to fully love myself, and now I’m the biggest self-love advocate. I no longer make myself feel small or fear taking up space. I know my worth, and I can definitely share the spotlight with others. Finally, I can be my artistic, creative, and honest self around people. I can laugh freely and be vulnerable if I feel comfortable. I can surrender completely and let the universe take care of me. Now, I can truly align with my purpose and give people all the love and kindness I have always craved.

25, Sagittarius, Brazilian. University of Tampa 2022’ English teacher, writer, and journalist I'm a language geek, adventure seeker, and bookworm. g.maistrobrasolin@spartans.ut.edu