This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Speech (SPE 200)

Speech is such an amazing class to take! This class is beneficial to anyone that takes it. Even if you don’t really like speaking in public, this class helps you work on that. It allows you to be creative and talk about topics that you are passionate about. I took the class with Dr. Wyatt and he was very supportive! The class was so much fun, and everyone felt comfortable to talk about any topic. I would strongly recommend taking this course. It is also an easy A!  And the best part is that it’s a great confidence builder.  

Intro to Sociology (SOC 100) or any sociology class really!

I am a little bias to this because I am a sociology minor but….. Sociology opens your mind to so much! It makes you think outside of the box. It allows you to see the world from another perspective. The professors are amazing and so knowledgeable. Also, it is an easy A and fits many categories for the BAC experience! Of course, there are many sociologies you could take. I would say that the best two that I’ve taken were Sociology of Sexualities (SOC 215) which talks about sex the whole time and it is awesome! The other one is Sociology of Gender (SOC 320) which made me realize that I didn’t know as much as I thought. You learn a lot! Regardless of the Soc class you take, I can tell you, you will love it!

Intro to Creative Writing (WRI 200)

I haven’t taken this course, but I have a couple friends that did and they loved it. In this class, you will write non-fiction, fiction and poetry. It allows you to be creative, to tell your own story and maybe find and be different versions of yourself. You will be an expert in the different literary devices you can use for future assignments. You interact with everyone in the class by reading each other’s work and giving feedback. It’s a very chill class and super fun! If you like writing, this is a class for you!

I'm Maju Biology major Sociology minor From Brazil
Emely is a rising junior at The University of Tampa. She studies advertising and PR with a focusing on digital marketing. When she isn't bumping to J Cole, Drake or Aventura she's reading up on anything astrological, or editing photos for her food IG. As a New York City native, she loves exploring the cities micro-neighborhoods for their cuisine, music, and fashion. If you want to know more about Emely, follow her on Instagram - @aemiliatertia - or Twitter - @ThatEmely