This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

New semester means new opportunities, responsibilities, classes, and challenges. Not to mention, stress. Us college students are too familiar with anxiety, stress and feeling overwhelmed. Cooping with it while still managing all of the amazing things you are doing can be extremely difficult. Here are 5 quick and easy tips that can help you out:

1. Try meditating:

When we experience mental and physical stressors our body produces a hormone called cortisol. Long and continuous exposure to this may have effects on sleeping patterns, promote anxiety, inflammation, increase blood pressure and cause fatigue. Studies have shown that practicing meditation helps decrease stress, consequently decreasing cortisol levels in our bodies, as well as those stress-related symptoms.

2. Breathing exercises

During a stressful situation our bodies instinctively react by increasing blood pressure, often we develop headaches, feel fatigue and have upset stomachs. A quick way to find relief to an instant stressor is taking deep, slow breaths. By doing so, you increase oxygen delivery to your whole body, decreasing the heart rate and blood pressure as we as detoxifying your lymphatic system and releasing tension from your muscles.

3. Exercise

Your body releases endorphins when you exercise! If you don’t know what those are, they are the neurotransmitters that make you feel good. It is a guarantee that you will feel more energized, focused and happy.

4. Write it out

Working with a cluttered mind is nearly impossible. To get your thoughts in order and set your day out to be a productive one, write things down. Whether it’s a journal entry, random thoughts, a poem, story and simply a list of things you want to accomplish that day, writing things out can often make you see things more clearly.

Claudia is a sophomore at The University of Tampa. As a Bio major on the Pre-Med track she's got her head buried in books most of the time. When she's not studying Darwin's theory of evolution and calculating the yield of chemical reactions she loves to do anatomical sketches, take pictures for her IG, write short stories and get involved in as much volunteer work as she can. Being Puerto Rican she's got a lot of drive and passion that she puts towards her goal of becoming a Neonatal surgeon.
Emely is a rising junior at The University of Tampa. She studies advertising and PR with a focusing on digital marketing. When she isn't bumping to J Cole, Drake or Aventura she's reading up on anything astrological, or editing photos for her food IG. As a New York City native, she loves exploring the cities micro-neighborhoods for their cuisine, music, and fashion. If you want to know more about Emely, follow her on Instagram - @aemiliatertia - or Twitter - @ThatEmely