Lord & Taylor Trendsetter, Paulina Colón

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

New to the cold and need to revamp your winter wardrobe? Check out Lord & Taylor in the Destiny Mall!

We sat down with Lord & Taylor Trendsetter, Paulina Colón, a sophomore Spanish and Social Work major, to get the scoop on what’s happening at Lord & Taylor.

How did you become a Lord & Taylor Trendsetter?

I’ve been a part of Her Campus since my freshman year and I got the opportunity sent to my email. I was previously a Rent the Runway campus representative, so I thought I would be a good fit for the program.  I’ve been a campus rep. for other stuff, for Bobble, for Prezi, and Serengeti, the T-shirt brand, so I have that kind of experience. So I applied, and that’s how I got in!

How many people are involved in the Lord & Taylor Trendsetter program?

There are two of us, me and Christa []. She was also a part of Rent the Runway, but we didn’t know each other before because she went abroad. So that was cool. We basically spread the word about Lord & Taylor. I’m always looking for people who are wearing Lord & Taylor, so we can take pictures of them and put them on our Instagram.

With so many campus rep. positions, do you ever have free time?

It’s kind of busy. I’m involved in a lot of stuff, so I try to mingle everything I do. Also, I like public relations and social media. It’s like one of my passions, or hobbies. It’s fun getting to work with the store, though. I shop there, and I take pictures in the store to post on social media.

Why should collegiettes check out Lord & Taylor?

They always have discounts! This past week, there was 25% off of the entire store for family and friends. We have giveaways, as well, on the Trendsetter social media. I love it though. I’m from Puerto Rico, and we don’t have Lord & Taylor. There’s so much variety; so many different brands available in the store.  There are so many cute dresses and nice shirts. They have coats, sweaters, hats, socks, headbands – if you’re looking for something, you’re going to find it there. It’s just a bus ride away!

Are there any pieces you’re obsessed with?

I love this black fur vest! It’s Lord & Taylor brand. I just like looking nice and layering. There are these new Ugg boots, tall ones with fur and long laces, which just came in. And especially the coats, so many coats!

What is the “Design Lab”?

The “Design Lab” is a station in the store where you can create your own outfit, from head-to-toe. It’s a rack with vests, sweaters, shirts, pants, and you can make your own look right there!

Follow Syracuse’s Lord & Taylor Trendsetters on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to score exclusive giveaways and style tips!

Twitter: @LTatSyracuse

Instagram: @LTatSyracuse

Facebook: Lord & Taylor Syracuse

Hi there! My name is Gabrielle, and I'm the Editor/ Campus Correspondent for the Syracuse chapter of Her Campus! I am a sophomore Television, Radio, and Film major in the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications. I like traveling, cinematic classics, show tunes, long walks on the beach, chocolate, chocolate on the beach, and anything pink. Go 'Cuse! HCXO