This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

The winters here at Syracuse University are brutal– especially because the snow piles up and the wind pushes you to the opposite direction (trust me, it happened to me walking to the dining hall in Ernie Davis!) You’re stuck in your dorm and have nothing to do. You contemplate on doing a reading assignments for this or that class, going to your floormate’s room a few doors down from you, or stay in bed to binge some Netflix. Here are some tips on to take your time off not worrying about the cold weather:

Clean your room:

I know your room is a mess, but cleaning your room clears your mind. Studies show that cleaning your room will help clear  your mind when you’re trying to get work done. 

Meet new friends on your floor:

There are some people who move into the dorms in the spring semester. Just knock on their door and introduce yourself, who knows? You may have found yourself a new squad and/or BFF. 

Consider rushing a sorority:

My favorite time of the year is recruitment season– I love sororities and some good ol’ girl-power! Consider going through recruitment and put yourself out there- you will find friends to hang out with throughout college, and even potential bridesmaids at your future wedding!

Dance it out:

Couch potato? No problem! Do some quick and easy exercise from the comfort of your room. Get a tone body in your dorm to get a head-start on your summer bod!

Practice self love: 

Like the fab Rupaul always says, “If you can’t love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?” Practicing self-love will boost your confidence and make you feel ultra-empowered <3

Try these tips while you eagerly await the summertime sun, long sunsets, and absolutely no snow!  Let us know how it goes! HCXO! 

Larry is the feature writer at Her Campus covering entertainment, lifestyle, and relationship news. He is a huge fan of Ariana Grande. Also, he is always providing helpful tips on how to be your best self. When he’s not writing at HC, he is either working out at the gym, exploring coffee shops, or touring the city for the best pizza spots. 
Lauren Dana

Syracuse '18

Lauren Dana is a juinor Magazine Journalism major at Syracuse University and the Editor-in-Chief of HC 'Cuse! She is a TV-addict, pop culture fanatic and manicure enthusiast who enjoys spending time with family, friends, shopping, writing, and buying wayyyy too much makeup