This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

One of the biggest traditions of Halloween are the movies that come with it and are watched, almost religiously, every season! Whether it be scary or funny, we can never get enough of the candy, costumes, ghouls, ghosts, and witches. If you don’t plan on trick-or-treating, or going out to any Halloween parties, here are some movies to keep you in the Halloween spirit:

Fan of witches and magic? Try these flicks!:

Hocus Pocus- Probably one of the most classic family-based Halloween movies.

Twitches- Starring none other than Tia and Tamera Mowry.

The Witches- Yes, it’s based off the book by Roald Dahl.

Harry Potter- Watch them grow from the first movie to the last, and you’ll want to watch them AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN!

Want to see some ghosts and monsters?:

1. Casper- Who doesn’t love a little Lizzie McGuire and a friendly ghost?

2. Beetlejuice- A creepy little man tries to help a dead couple… and then there’s the angsty teen who apparently can see ghosts.

3. The Haunted Mansion- Eddie Murphy in a scary atmosphere? Of course, it’ll be worth it!

4. Coraline- Buttons will never be the same, in our eyes…

5. Monsters Inc.- It’s a movie about monsters, but they’re not as scary as you’d been lead to believe. Dare to open your closet or nah?

6. The Addams Family- Who names a child Wednesday… honestly, who?

7. Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed- When Scooby and the gang ACTUALLY find monsters and some creep in a costume.

How about a Halloween town, the Pumpkin King, and some zombies?

1. The Nightmare Before Christmas- This can technically also be a Christmas movie. Stay tuned for the Christmas movie playlist, haha!

2. Halloweentown I, II, and III- Let’s face it, Marnie is the cutest name ever.

3. Corpse Bride- A Tim Burton film starring two of his favorite actors, Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter.

Want something scarier? Try these, but be warned, they are not for the faint of heart:

1. Saw I, II, and III- If you’re into slashers, this one’s for you.

2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre- Pretty much any version will give you the fright-night effect you desire.

3. A Nightmare on Elm Street- You might second guess going to sleep…

4. House on the Haunted Hill- This movie is cheesy, but it’s a cult classic.

5. The Exorcist- The trendsetter of all the exorcism movies on the market. Never knock the classics!