This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

When the wind is blowing, and the snow is falling, we can use any extra help to get us through our dreaded walks around campus. Here are a few special things that make those frigid hikes a bit more enjoyable, and safer!

1. Texting Gloves

No longer must you struggle to tear off your gloves and stuff them into your pockets while you frantically try to answer a call or casually check your email on your way to class. These gloves, created with special sensory touch technology for smart phones, take care of that problem! They are available in a wide range of prices as well.

2. Infinity Scarves with Built-In Hoods

How many times have you gotten caught in the rain or snow without your umbrella? The creators of this fabulous knit invention have eliminated that worry. Your fashionable infinity scarf now doubles as a hair protectant. What could be better than that?

3. Headphone Earmuffs

Listening to your favorite tunes makes any walk to class instantly better. Why give that up just because your headphones don’t cooperate with your winter hat or earmuffs? These muffs connect directly to your phone or iPod, allowing you to strut along to your best beats, while keeping your ears nice and toasty!

4. No-Slip Shoe Additions

On a more serious note: all of the road salt in the world wouldn’t be able to keep every inch of the street and sidewalks safe from ice. These “snow tires for your feet” attach to any shoe or boot to keep you grounded, as they are equipped with multiple metal studs for deep traction.

5. “Keysocks”

Sick of wearing your boots everyday? These socks will keep your legs extra warm under your pants, while still letting you sport your fashionista stilettos or cute flats.

6. Ponytail Ear Warmer

Your morning run around campus is instantly improved now that you can tie-up  your hair without worrying how to keep your head warm. Not only does it cover your ears, but it also doubles as an efficient workout headband, keeping the flyaway hairs out of your face on those breezy November mornings.

7. Knit Boot Cuffs

No more struggling to smoosh your knitted socks inside of your boots! These little cuffs give you the allusion of the sock and boot trend without suffocating your calves.

Taylor Guttesman is a student at the Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University.
Hi there! My name is Gabrielle, and I'm the Editor/ Campus Correspondent for the Syracuse chapter of Her Campus! I am a sophomore Television, Radio, and Film major in the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications. I like traveling, cinematic classics, show tunes, long walks on the beach, chocolate, chocolate on the beach, and anything pink. Go 'Cuse! HCXO