This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

It’s that time of the year. That time when I want to curl up in a ball in my bed, hide under the covers, and never come out. As someone with severe depression and anxiety, the end of every semester gets increasingly hard. There are some days where I’m not sure if I can do it. Honestly, I wasn’t even sure if I could make myself write this today. But here I am. And it’s getting easier. 

Earlier I was reading tips on “how to make finals week stress-free” when I realized that sometimes, there’s no way to make some situations completely stress-free, especially when dealing with a mental illness. I’ll probably stay pretty stressed out until finals are over, my papers are turned in, and I can get away from my problematic roommate. But until then, I’m happy with the little things. Calling my parents, watching my favorite shows, and setting goals for myself make me feel refreshed and ready to end the semester strong. I’m so excited for summer, and I’m confident that I’ll be okay. Taking one step at a time, I can face this anxiety now, because I know how much better it will make me.

I am Brooke Adams-Porter, a communications student at Susquehanna University. Just an old soul finding herself in this new world.