What to Do When You Feel Like You Are Doing Too Much in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

All too often, we look at our schedules and realize just how jam-packed they are. We question how we even have time to do homework and hang out with friends. You start to get the feeling that it is time to give something up because you feel burned out. 

The best thing that you can do for yourself in that moment is talk to a friend that is in the club with you and see what they have to say. Sometimes they help you see the light at the end of the tunnel. I faced this in the past week when trying to think of article ideas but my friend reminded me that there are ways to brainstorm them based on the experiences and thoughts that I have had.

I know that I am always busy because I have five classes and two jobs on campus, plus I am in a Greek organization. I always feel like there is not enough time in the day for me to do all of the things I want to do but I also always find a way to get my work done and still have free time to watch Netflix, watch Youtube videos, or play games on my computer/phone. 

We are all human and we have that phase where we think that there is too much on our plates but I promise with a little bit of time management you will find that you can handle all of the things that you want to do and more. 

I love that most of my classes are in the morning and early afternoon because it gives me so much time to hang out with friends and get my work done on a regular basis. When you are picking your classes, I highly recommend that you take morning classes even if you are not a morning person because you will find that you will do significantly better in the classes that you have earlier in the day. I know that as the day goes on I just get more tired and my attention span quickly goes to zero. 

I also find that having classes back to back is so much better because then there is no time to fool around and you get everything out of the way faster. Having classes in the morning gives me the chance to work longer in the afternoon. 

To sum it up, if you feel like you have too much on your plate, go talk to a friend and let them help you to find the light at the end of the tunnel. There is always time for the things you want to do and care about.

Accounting Major with a Minor in Personal and Organizational Communications
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University