stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

There is a Correct and Safe Way to Lose Weight

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Most college students want to lose weight because they know that the food at school is not always healthy. Some think that just working out will do the trick, but they soon realize that it does not. Other people think that just changing their diet will be what they need to lose weight. I am here to tell you that doing these two things alone will hurt you more than it will help you.

When you want to lose weight in a healthy way you need to eat healthier and start working out more often. The best thing to do is to eat carbohydrates before you work out because they have more calories, and when you are working out you are burning the calories that you have consumed. Then, after you work out, you should have a protein shake. Why? When you burn the calories, you need to refuel your body with protein to be able to function correctly. These are things that I have learned from the few times that I tried working out because I wanted to get in shape. I found out the hard way that it is not good for you to have a protein shake and then work out. It messes your stomach up and I think that it caused ulcers in my stomach.

Another suggestion I have is to shower in cold water after you work out because when you get your heart pumping, you are raising your body temperature too. Losing weight can be an easy thing to do if you work at it and handle how you eat and work out the right way. It is very important to pay attention to these things because as I said before, you could potentially hurt yourself really bad if you are not careful.

Accounting Major with a Minor in Personal and Organizational Communications
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University