alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Many people like animals; it’s difficult to find someone who doesn’t like at least one animal, whether it’s a dog, cat, lizard, or octopus. The Animal Club at Susquehanna is a small group full of people who like animals… obviously. Despite the fact that there are 192 people on the e-mail list, less than 20 people appear at each meeting. It’s not surprising, and no one is really to blame. However, the Animal Club is trying so hard to create a community of animal lovers, so I thought I would talk about some of the activities they have going on this semester.

On Saturday, September 29th, they’re going to Lake Tobias to look at all of the cute animals! I wish I was going because Lake Tobias has a multitude of cute animals, like baby giraffes, tigers, little goats, and reptiles of all kinds! While it is a place geared towards children, there is nothing that says adults can’t enjoy this Wildlife Park as well. I hope they have fun!

Starting this weekend, the Animal Club will be heading over to The Scratching Post in Lewisburg to help clean out the litter boxes and hang out with cats! It’s a CAT CAFÉ!!! This will be happening every weekend, with three groups switching between the responsibility each week. This is a great opportunity for those who love cats, but can’t keep one in their dorm room (a.k.a. me. If it was up to me, I would have a kitten in my room right now). It’s not fair that therapy dogs are allowed on campus, but therapy cats just don’t exist. Rude.

A few things that aren’t happening this semester for the Animal Club include feeding the stray cats on campus (I’ll adopt them, though, if they need me to) and going to Mike’s Falconry to help out. There weren’t enough people interested in feeding the poor kitties, so they might pick it up again next semester, and Mike is being an elusive mystery; the Secretary of Animal Club, Maggie, said that her and Mike have been playing e-mail and phone tag trying to figure out when the club could go to his house.

This is the Animal Club in a nutshell; it’s a great little club with awesome ideas and very little way to accomplish them, but they’re trying, and anyone who loves animals probably loves the club too.

Senior Publishing and Editing and Philosophy double major.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University