This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Having trouble choosing your next show to binge-watch? I was too for a while until I stumbled across the Netflix original series Locke & Key. Warning, there may be some spoilers ahead!

This show pulls in many aspects of genres that I enjoy to watch. Things like: murder mystery, magic, and just enough drama to keep me invested. The story begins with siblings Bode, Tyler, and Kinsey Locke moving to their family’s estate with their mother Nina Locke. The family picks up and moves from Seattle to Matheson, Massachusetts, where they adopt their family heirloom Key House.

In the first episode, we see Mr. Locke, who is murdered by a student and friend of Tyler. This story line is the basis of the series, and the children look for answers as to why their father never told them about the strange house and why he is now dead. Throughout the season we see Bode begin to collect keys from around the house.

Each key has a different surprise behind the door it unlocks, but you’ll have to watch the show to find out. Sadly, the show only has one season, but that makes it even more appealing if you don’t have much time to dedicate to a new show. The whimsical aspects of this show make you stop for a minute and wonder if things like this could actually happen; it certainly would be very cool if they did!

The show is family-friendly, but may be a little scary for younger audiences. I for one am not scared easily and love a good horror movie, so the tiny bit of scare thrown into the series didn’t affect me. The show also teaches some good lessons along the way, including trusting and loving your family, how to make new friends in a new place, and other things of that nature.

I definitely recommend giving the show a watch if you have some time to spare on the weekend or after your homework is done. It’s intriguing and keeps you wanting more, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a second season! If you choose to watch the show, enjoy and happy binging!

Junior at Susquehanna University Journalism/Photography President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Susqu Class of 2022
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University