This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Don’t get me wrong, I love winter more than the average person. In fact, it’s probably one of my favorite times of the year, but right now, even I am officially sick of this winter season.

I typically love all the snow and the cozy sweaters worn to combat the cold air, but this time it’s different. With COVID-19 still impacting our lives and increased isolation due to both the pandemic and winter, spring is officially long overdue. I dream of the days where I can go outside and have the warm sunshine beam on my face with crystal blue skies overhead. I dream of the days I can not only smell the fragrances of the flowers outside but partake in planting the colorful, dazzling assortments of sweet williams and marigolds. I long for the days where there are growth and liveliness not only in plants and the outdoors but in ourselves. A feeling of hope and optimism, thinking as if somehow encountering a beautiful day outside can just about solve any problem.

I so desperately yearn for spring because of the winter blues that so many of us inevitably get each winter. Due to people staying inside more and a lack of Vitamin D, winter can be tough mentally. Even worse, so many of us were, and still are, stuck at home. With spring’s upcoming arrival, it feels like it could be a new, refreshing start of doing things we love again. Spring can be whatever we want it to be, and for me, that’s the opportunity to feel alive and more like myself again.

Overall, spring might not be this whole life-altering season that we seek, but to me, it brings new hope and a fresh start. It literally and figuratively is all about growth and transformation, and what more could we ask for during these dark times?

Here’s to celebrating spring in just about 20 days!

Gabrielle Chaudry is the president and editor-in-chief at the Her Campus at Susqu chapter. She oversees the editing of articles. Beyond Her Campus, Gabrielle has written for The Quill, Susquehanna University's student newspaper and she has been editor-in-chief of her high school's newspaper. Gabrielle is also a section editor of Susquehanna's yearbook, The Lanthorn. She is currently a senior at Susquehanna University, majoring in journalism with a political science minor and honors minor. In her free time, Gabrielle enjoys writing, reading, and listening to pop music. She's a Hallmark movie lover and finds joy decorating for the holidays and seasons.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University