jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Give Your Dorm Room A Fall Makeover

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Fall is here, and yes– it has been fall for about two weeks now, but there’s something about being in the month of October that makes fall seem more real. The leaves are changing and the temperature is dropping. Crop tops and shorts are being exchanged for sweaters and plaid shirts. Oh, and of course there are pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks now. However, if you love fall, the one thing that makes the season complete is decorating your dorm room to look, smell, and feel like fall!

Now, there’s no need to splurge and spend an exceeding amount of money to do so because I’m here to help! I’ve compiled a few things that will definitely have you feeling cozy and warm in the comfort of your own room:

1. Leaves

The first thing that comes to many people’s mind when they think of fall is leaves. Luckily, at SU we have lots of those, and they’re the most affordable thing you can get because they’re FREE! Listen…all you have to do is grab about 10-15 pretty and dry leaves from outside and tape them to your window or even your walls. It’s so easy, and it most certainly does a great job of giving your room a nice fall look.

2. Fragrances

Smell is very important, and when it smells like pumpkins, cinnamon, and vanilla, it definitely can change your mood. So, if this is what you’re looking for, try buying fall-scented fresheners or even buy yourself some fall-scented body wash, lotion, or fragrance. The only place I could think of with a great variety of fall scents is Bath and Body Works. 

3. Arts and Crafts

You can also get crafty or just buy a decoration for your room. If you do decide to get crafty you can always buy one or several baby pumpkins to either leave as is or paint over it. They add the Halloween vibes to your desk or work table. 

4. Blankets

If none of this enough, try adding a few orange or plaid colored blankets to your room. They’ll do a great job at keeping you warm as you study for midterms!​

Good Luck!

Veneranda Bautista is a student at Susquehanna University in small town Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania. While being an Advertising/Marketing and Spanish double major she finds time to reflect on life, go to the gym, and stay up to date with celebrity news. Born and raised in Brooklyn and daughter of Dominican immigrants have definitely played a pivotal role in the ambitious person she is today. To gain a better taste of who she is personally, make sure to follow her on Instagram: @veny_bau.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University