alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

A dorm room is supposed to be your home away from home and sometimes we just don’t know how to make it feel like we are at home.

One thing that you can do is get a tapestry to cover up the ugly wall by your bed. It sounds expensive but Amazon is a good place to look for a nicely priced tapestry.

Another thing that you can do is get a whiteboard and a calendar for the wall above your desk. Again you can find these things at great prices at Walmart or Target. They are great to have when you have so much going on that you can’t keep track of it all in a planner.

A personal favorite is to print out pictures from your phone and hang them EVERYWHERE in your room. Trust me it makes life easier when you can see the pictures and think of the good times that you have had in life. You can go to Target or Walmart but if you don’t have a car and you like shopping online, use Shutterfly. 

Some people don’t like to hang anything up and other people will hang things like hats or posters on the wall. 

Another thing that people will hang on their walls is flags. Maybe it is from a country that they studied abroad in or it is a flag to show support for certain religious groups. Whatever it may be you can find flags for all of your needs.

You can do so much and find what you want for such great prices. A ton of people like to have Christmas lights because their room lights stink and they like the aesthetic. When it comes to different holidays you could get gels for your windows or a fake Christmas tree for the room.

Your room is a representation of you so make sure that you choose decorations that make you feel at home. Don’t worry about what other people think.

Accounting Major with a Minor in Personal and Organizational Communications
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University