Fun October Events at the Selinsgrove Library

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

At the Rudy Gelnett Memorial Library in downtown Selinsgrove, there are two events in October that are super fun and involve the entirety of the community.

The Gelnett Art Expo

Currently, The Gelnett Art Expo is in full swing. It began on October 15th and runs until November 2nd. It is an art exhibition with three categories: Painting, Drawing and, Mixed Media. There are 50 works being shown at the library in total. The community is encouraged to come to the library and vote for their favorite works. The voting ballots are $5 and there is no limit to how frequently a person can vote. Voting is the most important part of this event because there will be a winner of each category and an overall Expo Grand Champion. A portion of the proceeds also goes to the library to ensure the continuation of these local art shows. On November 2nd, when the event comes to a close, there will be a reception from 2 pm to 5 pm with snacks and refreshments, followed by an awards ceremony. The voting period ends at 4:30 pm on November 2nd. Come out to vote and support local artists!

Spooky Story Night

Spooky Story Night is a new event held by the Staff of the Rudy Gelnett Memorial Library. It will be held at the Selinsgrove Commons, just in front of the Library’s Main doors on October 24th and 25th. There are two nights for this event. There’s a children’s night on October 24th at 6:30 pm where stories will be told and refreshments will be provided. The stories read will be by authors such as Ray Bradbury, R.L. Stine, and Robert W. Service. More intense spooky stores will be told at the Adult Night on October 25th at 7:00 pm. these stories will be by writers such as Edgar Allan Poe and Robert Ervin Howard. refreshments will also be provided.

The Rudy Gelnett Library is getting ready to be Spooky and Artsy. What’s more perfect for fall?

I'm just a photographer/writer trying to show the world in a new light.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University