This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Dylan Holland has been on the music scene for years. Starting as a Youtube cover artist in 2012 with a special focus on Justin Bieber’s hits, Dylan began gathering a fan base while he was still in high school. Over the years he found himself on tours designed for small internet artists like OMG Music Fest and TeenHoot. He’s opened for several artists, including Jacob Whitesides. His first EP, All of Me, dropped in 2013 with follow up singles every year until 2016, but all of this seems like a distant memory to Dylan and his fans. 

Dylan’s over two-year hiatus from his small spotlight gave him time to find himself, but his distance from touring and iTunes didn’t mean he wasn’t making music. In his time “off” he reinvented his sound, officially stepping away from his singer/songwriter roots. He released several experimental mixtapes and projects including EVOL, his biggest release of 2017. (For a full glimpse at his evolution, you can check out his SoundCloud here)

I met Dylan for the first time back in 2014 and I’ve been obsessed ever since, and as much as I loved his poppy, singer/songwriter sound, I can say with certainty that this new song is one of Dylan’s best releases. He’s been working incredibly hard for months getting this music absolutely perfect and I couldn’t be more proud of what he’s putting out. 

Dylan is now a member of Tribeca Music Group and is posing to take over the music industry (or at least a good chunk of it). Today (April 27th) he dropped his first official single since 2016 and it’s BEAUTIFUL. The catchy melody is perfect for literally everything from screaming in the car to relaxing and doing homework. You can listen on Spotify here or search Dylan Holland on your favorite streaming/music service to check it out. You can also follow Dylan for updates on Twitter and Instagram

“Origami” is the first single off Dylan’s EP “Trust” set for release May 11th, so get excited. Dylan Holland is coming back!

The journey to where I want to be includes writing a lot of words and eating a lot of fries. 
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University