This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

A change of scenery is always a good thing, especially when it comes to studying. Sometimes, though, it’s hard to keep being creative with finding new spots on our small Susquehanna campus.  

Below is a list of just a few of my favorite spots to study: 

Apfelbaum Study Rooms 

Perhaps the most prestigious of all study rooms on campus, Apfelbaum has designated study rooms which are great group work spaces. They’re even equipped with large whiteboards, which is awesome. These rooms are hard to come by, but when you do, take advantage of them!  

CCMA 

The Cunningham Center for Music and Art (CCMA) is a space not frequently used by students who are not studying these subjects. I went in this building for the first time last year for class and was pleased to find a nice sitting area on the second floor in the front of the building. It’s not huge, but it’s a very relaxing space, especially with sounds of musical instruments flowing through the building! I go sit in there sometimes when I have downtime between my classes because not only is it right on Kurtz Lane, but it’s also just a quaint and calming space to get away from the craziness of school days. 

Blough-Weis Library 

The library may seem like the most obvious spot to study; however, it can sometimes be underutilized. A lot of people use the cubicles on the lower level of the library, but I love sitting on the second floor because there are tall tables right next to the windows which lets the light come in, plus the view is pretty! There are also a ton of study rooms upstairs that are great for both individuals and groups to use. If you’re looking for a place that will undeniably be quiet, head over to the library.  

Fisher 

Fisher Hall has quite a few classrooms as well as communal spaces for doing work. The Center for Academic Achievement is open for most of the day and has many tables for students to use. Plus, they have free coffee in there! There are also some small study rooms on the upper two floors of Fisher if you look hard enough. In the evenings, you can also go sit in a classroom and do some work. 

Deg Lab 

Let me start by saying – RIP the original Deg Lab. We all miss it, but there is still a lab with a few desktop computers for students to use. If you forget your laptop one day, or don’t have one but want to get some work done, try going to Deg Lab downstairs in the campus center. This is also a key spot for printing on-the-go. It’s not always super quiet in there, but it’s still a quality work space. 

Starbucks 

Starbucks has such a nice aesthetic and we’re lucky to have one on campus. Something about doing work in a coffee shop makes you feel so ~cool~ and ~artsy~. It can get loud at certain times, so just be aware of that. However, Starbucks is a great place to have meetings and to collaborate with others on work.  

Where’s your favorite place to study on campus? Let us know by tweeting @hcsusquehanna on Twitter – we’re always looking for new spots! 

Jersey girl who loves The Bachelor, burritos, boybands, and basically anything basic. Member of the Class of 2020 at Susquehanna University studying Stretigic Communications: Advertising and Marketing and Art History.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University