This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Today, I am focusing on the good. These are the things that make me the happiest. 

“I am proud of you.”

When someone tells me that they are proud of me, it makes me feel like what I’m doing is right. As college students, whether it be with grades, friendships, etc, we all have our ups and downs. I feel like I can speak for a lot of people when I say that being told someone is proud of you really hits home.  

My Family

My family really makes me happy because I know that they want what’s best for me. Like any family, there are ups and downs, but that is just what makes the bond tighter. My family pushes me to be the greatest person I can be and they continue to love me unconditionally.  

My Boyfriend 

Not to be cliché, but my boyfriend truly makes me the happiest. I can’t even think of the correct word to describe him because no word seems good enough to show how amazing he truly is. He supports me in any decision I make and is always there to pick up the pieces if something doesn’t go the way I would’ve liked it to. He has brought so much positivity into my life that it feels like a dream. I am very lucky to have him in my life. 

My Friends

The friends I have in my life right now really mean the world to me. I think that as a teenager, we go through many different friendships throughout high school. Some good, some bad. But once we reach college, where the stereotype doesn’t really matter anymore, we find out who our true friends really are.  

Babies

Yes, I am aware of how old I am and that I am in college. No, I do not plan on having a baby for A WHILE. But, that being said, babies make me the happiest because they show the good in the world. I could be having a bad day, but seeing a little baby in the grocery store will brighten my mood and allow me to forget the bad. You can ask anyone that knows me, and they will tell you how much I love babies and little kids. 

The Smell of Coffee

This smell of coffee makes me the happiest because it’s the start of a new day. I, like a lot of people, need to have at least one cup of coffee a day, whether that be from Starbucks or if I make it in my own room. If there is a day that I do not drink coffee, my mood is affected, and I get headaches.  

4:00 PM

This one may come off as confusing to people, but 4:00 in the afternoon means relaxation to me. This is the time where I take a minute to breathe and relax after all of my classes. After about an hour of relaxation, I will do all my homework/studying that is due for the next day, but this time is the time I set aside for myself. And to be honest, it is the time that I look forward to every day.  

Even though there are many other things that make me happy, I felt that these were the most prominent in my life. 

Hi! I'm Kaitlyn! I am a psychology major at Susquehanna University.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University