This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Whether at home studying remotely, in a college dorm, or anywhere in between, the environment we’re in can contribute to how we feel. Bright, cheerful spaces can create a good mindset and happy emotions. Therefore, we need to try our best to develop a comfortable and spirited home. Here are three easy tips for creating a happy space this spring.  

Decorate for Spring or Easter 

I’ll be the first to say I’m a sucker for decorations. Whether it’s gel clings, window clings, or a wreath on the door, I always have something up. For spring and Easter, the obvious eggs, bunnies, and chicks are the perfect way to decorate. It’s so simple to hang up spring gel clings, so every time I look outside the window, I feel happy and notice them. The bright colors cheer up the house and help to spread the joy of spring.  

Buy Fresh Flowers 

Growing up, my mom always bought fresh bouquets of flowers. Flowers are perfect for spring and liven up any room. You can choose any type of flower you prefer and any color, making them all the more special (although pink roses will always be a classic staple). The best part is when you walk into a room and smell the fresh aromas of the flowers. You could buy flowers to put in a vase or even flowered plants to keep permanently in your house. The colors and smells exquisitely represent the season of bloom.  

Open the Windows to Get Fresh Air 

While it may certainly seem like the simplest tip on the list, it’s an essential one. Most people can appreciate letting fresh air and sunlight into their rooms on a sunny day. Opening windows can help to get rid of dust and pollutants from inside. Fresh air also helps regulate smells. Lastly, waking up and seeing natural light both in the morning and throughout the day is healthy and can make you feel more awake. 

Overall, having a delightful environment is all about doing the little things to make you feel comfortable and happy in that space. Pleasant rooms and environments are important because we spend so much time there. So, next time you feel the need to brighten up your space and feel better, buy some decorations, fresh flowers, and open up the windows to get that natural air and sunlight flowing in.  

Gabrielle Chaudry is the president and editor-in-chief at the Her Campus at Susqu chapter. She oversees the editing of articles. Beyond Her Campus, Gabrielle has written for The Quill, Susquehanna University's student newspaper and she has been editor-in-chief of her high school's newspaper. Gabrielle is also a section editor of Susquehanna's yearbook, The Lanthorn. She is currently a senior at Susquehanna University, majoring in journalism with a political science minor and honors minor. In her free time, Gabrielle enjoys writing, reading, and listening to pop music. She's a Hallmark movie lover and finds joy decorating for the holidays and seasons.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University