This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and that also means Black Friday, the biggest shopping day of the year. People waking up at the crack of dawn and lining up in the bitter cold for hours in hopes to get the best deals on Christmas gifts. In recent years, many stores have started opening their doors early on Thanksgiving night, so consumers are given many opportunities to get the best deals on everything on their list. Whether you’re an early bird for the deals, or someone who likes going at the end of the day to avoid the crowds, here are some of the best deals for Black Friday 2018:

1. Macy’s

The enormous department store is known as one of the first to offer the Black Friday deals. This Black Friday, Macy’s is having up to 50% on homeware and bedding, as well as significant markdowns on outerwear, and everything in between.

2.)  Best Buy

The tech giant is offering some of the best doorbusters Friday and Saturday on all the new technology you might be looking for. You can save hundreds of dollars on the newest Samsung televisions with 4K Ultra HD, or get a bargain on the newest Samsung or Apple smartphone. Doors open on Friday at 1 a.m. in Massachusetts, so make sure you secure your spot early.

3.) Pura Vida

For anyone who loves handcrafted, fun jewelry, Pura Vida is the best place to get the cutest bracelets, rings, necklace and more, while also supporting important charities. Their website currently has a great Black Friday deal going on, offering 50% off all handcrafted bracelets and free shipping on every order. Pura Vida has the perfect gifts for any jewelry lover!

4.) Lucky Brand

The denim company is having impressive markdowns on all of their products. Starting on Black Friday, there will be 50% markdowns on everything in the store. Whether you want jeans, coats, belts, shirts, or even jewelry, it is definitely worth taking a trip in there.

5.) Sephora

The beauty retailer was able to give all of us a sneak peak on their app of all their Black Friday deals. From the looks of it, the deals do not disappoint. The main highlight of their deals was offering gifts for $15 or less. Some examples of these gifts include:

• Benefits Cosmetics Bang! beauty blowout set for $15 ($43 value)

• Sephora Collection In the Blink of an Eye eye shadow palette for $5 ($9 value)

• BareMinerals Lunar Light Gen nude lip duo for $12 ($39 value)

• Lancome Dramatic Duo mascara set for $15 ($26.50 value)

This list is only some of the many deals that retailers will be offering this Black Friday. So make sure you set your alarms early for Friday morning and don’t forget to bring your lists!

Julia Demopoulos is a senior at Suffolk University majoring in print/web journalism and minoring in public relations. She is originally from Dracut, MA but currently resides in East Boston. In addition to being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk, Julia is also the Vice President for Program Council, Suffolk's programming board on campus. She is also an active member of Suffolk's Journey Leadership Program. Julia works in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as a Trustee Ambassador (tour guide), and was an Orientation leader for Summer 2019.