10 Reasons Why Reese Witherspoon Should Be Your Celebrity Role Model

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

1.) #askhermore

Reese was one of the women who promoted and encouraged the #askhermore movement, which encourages interviewers to ask women more thought provoking questions on the Red Carpet rather than just what they are wearing.

2.) She broke stereotypes in Legally Blonde.

When thinking about Legally Blonde many people think of it as a dumb chick flick, but it is actually so much more. This movie made a statement about gender stereotypes. Elle Woods becoming a lawyer and winning that court case showed woman could do anything men can do (and usually do it better). Elle Woods promoted Girl Power.

3.) She’s a versatile actress.

Overall, Reese is great at what she does. Reese has proven she can do serious roles such as Wild, comedy like Election, and romance such as Sweet Home Alabama and Walk the Line (which she has won her Oscar for–she proved she can even sing!) What can’t she do?

4.) She even produces movies.

Reese produced several movies including Gone Girl and Wild. She has proven she can do more than be a pretty face on the screen.

5.) She gives back to the community.

Reese is involved with many charities. She was a spokesperson and Honorary chair for Avon Foundation, which focuses on Breast cancer awareness and domestic violence. She is also a longtime supporter of Save the Children, which provides children with education, emergency aid, and health care. She even went to New Orleans to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

6.) She has proved she is human and has made mistakes.

Who could forget when Reese got arrested and pulled the “Don’t you know who I am card.” She has since apologized though saying, “I think that I showed I have a complexity that people didn’t know about. It’s part of human nature. I made a mistake. We all make mistakes. The best you can do is say sorry and learn from it and move on.” This incident made her more relatable and proved that she isn’t as perfect as the media portrays her and other celebrities.

7.) Even though she wants you to ask her more, she kills it on the Red Carpet.

Always looking classy rather than trashy.

8.) She was not afraid to go completely raw.

In her recent movie Wild, Reese wore no makeup. While she was unsure of this at first she took the risk because she was so passionate about the author’s story being told that she did not care what she looked like.

9.) She dances like no one is watching.

If you haven’t seen the video of her dancing to Dancing Queen, you must. Even as a big movie star she is not afraid to show off her moves, even though they’re not the greatest.

10.) She is family oriented.

The Instagram’s of her mom’s texts are adorable. Also, she puts her family first.  Reese has two children from a previous marriage and is currently married to Jim Toth who has two children of his own. It is evident that her family keeps her grounded.