Even More Halloween Makeup Looks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at STU (CA) chapter.

Check out Part I of our Halloween makeup series here!

Look #6: The Cheetah

What You’ll Need:
  • White, orange, black and light brown eyeshadow
  • Purple lipstick
  • Black pencil eyeliner
  • Black liquid eyeliner
  • Blush brush
  • Foundation
How To Get the Look:

First, apply foundation normally to face (this makes the eyeshadow cover better). Next, apply the white eyeshadow to your eye sockets, outside of eyebrows, chin, upper lip/cheek area, and tip of nose.

After applying the white, take the light brown shadow and apply it on the sides of your nose, in your hairline, and around the white shadow by your mouth. Now, using the blush brush, blend in the brown with the orange shadow.  Cover all of your face (except for thewhite areas) with the orange shadow, making sure to blend the brown so the areas look dark orange and not brown.

Now, apply black eyeshadow around eyes, blending the black into the white at the corners of the eyes. Next, apply purple lipstick to lips, and then outline lips with the black eyeliner pencil. To finish, add the details with the black eyeliner pencil, coloring the tip of the nose black and connecting it to lips, and adding your spots. The final touch is to use the liquid liner to make tiny dots where whiskers would be. 

Look #7: The Puzzle

What You’ll Need:
  • Any eyeshadow
  • Black pencil eyeliner
  • Foundation
How To Get the Look:

First, apply foundation to face (this will help the eyeliner cover better). Next, apply whatever colour eyeshadow you want (I chose golden colors, but brighter colors will also look cool).

Now, using the eyeliner pencil, create connecting puzzle piece shapes on face. When the shapes are done choose several to fill in with the pencil. Finally, add more puzzle pieces to your neck that match the pieces on the face that you’ve coloured in. 

Look #8: The Voodoo Doll

What You’ll Need:
  • Blue and white eyeshadow
  • Red lipstick
  • Black pencil eyeliner
  • Cotton swabs
  • Foundation
How To Get the Look:

To begin, apply a thick layer of foundation to face and neck (make sure to cover lips). Next, using the black liner, draw lines across face through your mouth, and vertically down center of the face. Then, smudge these lines underneath the horizontal to create depth. Repeat this step with only one of the vertical lines.

With the same eyeliner, draw a small triangle at the top of the vertical line and colour it in. Next, draw a thick X over one eye with the eyeliner. Using the blue eyeshadow, make a circle over the other eye, and then draw four smaller circles on it with the black liner to create a button.

Next, use the black eyeliner to create stitches all along the black lines dividing your face. Where the vertical line stops on your neck, draw a large needle and color it in with the white eye shadow (the vertical line should look like it passes through the needle).

Finally add in the needles by using the black eyeliner to create lines with shadows wherever you want a needle. After the lines and shadows are drawn, use a cotton swab to add a dot of lipstick to the top of each line. 

Look #9: The Clown

What You’ll Need:
  • Foundation that is two shades lighter than your skin (or as close to white as you have)
  • White eye shadow
  • Black pencil eyeliner
  • Red lipstick
  • A makeup sponge
How To Get the Look:

First, cover your face with the lightest foundation you own (or just borrow some from a pale friend!) and be sure to cover your lips. Next, add black liner randomly to face and then blend it in with the makeup sponge (this will make your complexion look grey and splotchy).

Now, thickly line eyes with the pencil liner, and make a line coming up and down from the center of each eye. Once this is done, use your finger to smudge the lines.

Next, draw a triangle on your nose withe the liner, and fill it in with the red lipstick. Last is the mouth – cover lips and the sides of the mouth with white eyeshadow, then surround this eyeshadow with black liner in the shape of a large smile. Next, make a larger smile shape surrounding the first, and fill the area between the smiles with red lipstick. Finally, with the black eyeliner make jagged teeth over top of the white eye shadow.

If you have any fake blood, add this to your face around the mouth and coming out of the eye sockets for an extra-scary look!

Look #10: The Doll

What You’ll Need:
  • Blue eyeshadow
  • Pink or red blush
  • Red lipstick
  • Black liquid eyeliner
  • Foundation
How To Get the Look:

First, cover your face in a thick layer of foundation, making sure to cover the outside of the lips.

Next, apply blue eyeshadow on eyelids, nearly all the way to your eyebrows. Now, apply the blush in perfect circles (or as close as you can get to a perfect circle) on your cheeks.

Cover the center of your lips with red lipstick. Next, surround cheeks and lips with the liquid liner, and use the liner to create false lashes under eyes. Finally, draw on eye brows in whatever way you would like (I chose a circular arch shape), and braid your hair.  For an extra touch, you can add black lines going down your chin from the lips to look more like a marionette.