15 Songs To Pump Up Your Workout

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at STU (CA) chapter.

Getting excited about working out isn’t always the easiest thing in the world – especially this time of year. Sometimes all you need is a revamped playlist to motivate you to get up off the couch and get your blood pumping. Here’s a variety of songs to keep you moving all year long!

1. “Treasure (Cash Cash Radio Mix)” – Bruno Mars

You can’t go wrong with Bruno-Mars-meets-Michael-Jackson when you need that extra motivation.

2. “Baby Got Back” – Sir Mix-A-Lot

Self-explanatory. Get to squattin.’

3. “Without Me” – Eminem

When you’ve got to be fearlessly confident in the gym, Eminem is the only other person that can do it for you.

4. “Footloose” – Kenny Loggins

If this song doesn’t make you want to get up off the couch and fly from warehouse rafters like Kevin Bacon, you’re doing it all wrong.

5. “Black Dog” – Led Zeppelin

“Gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove” – Zeppelin always delivers.

6. “No Sleep ‘Till Brooklyn” – Beastie Boys

A workout is not a workout without the Beastie Boys. Life is not life without the Beastie Boys. These crazy guitar riffs and ill rhymes are the perfect equation for a great workout.

7. “Pump It” – Black Eyed Peas

Take it back to the days of middle school dances and learn a thing or two from Fergie and will.i.am. about getting pumped up.

8. “Stronger” – Kanye West

Here’s hoping Kanye’s ego will (temporarily) rub off on you and have you feeling amazing about yourself.

9. “Mr. Brightside” – The Killers

If you can refrain from belting out these lyrics (à la lonely Cameron Diaz in The Holiday) so you don’t run out of breath, be prepared for a “killer” workout with this song on your playlist.

10. “Country Girl (Shake it for Me)” – Luke Bryan

If you need any excuse to get up and move, it’s Luke Bryan. Always.

11. “Boogie Shoes” – KC & the Sunshine Band

This infectiously great song will keep you going ‘til the sun comes up.

12. “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” – Diana Ross

Let Ms. Ross guide you through any obstacle you might face during your supreme workouts!

13. “Thunderstruck” – AC/DC

Now, this one is just a given. You can’t get anything done without this ultimate testosterone-charged song in the background.

14. “Bad” – Michael Jackson

Get a royal routine going with some help from the King of Pop!

15. “Born to Run” – Bruce Springsteen

As if we couldn’t be more cliché (assuming you’ve already worn out Eye of the Tiger, of course), let this appropriate song by The Boss be your motivation. Go that extra five minutes! You were born to do it!

Here’s hoping these tunes will give you that extra push to have you feeling good and looking good in no time! Incorporate them with your other workout favourites and you’ll be unstoppable. Stay warm, collegiettes!

First-year STUdent from where the wild things are. Loves music, running, and writing. Animal and useless fact enthusiast. Movie quote queen and Miss Minto 2014 (somehow). Would-be Janis Joplin and Marlon Brando lovechild. Learning how to be a rock and not to roll - getting better everyday.