This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

Everyone makes a promise to themselves in the New Year to attempt to eat better and be healthier. However, the motivation you felt in January to keep your new year’s resolutions has worn off and the struggle of eating healthier is tougher than ever. When the weather is miserable outside, the craving for something sweet is hard not to succumb to with the endless temptation of chocolate… Fear not! A great way to satisfy your sweet tooth is by swapping your less healthy snacks for a delicious smoothie! These are a fabulous way to beat the cravings and still incorporate your 5 a day without feeling guilty in the slightest.  Here are three of our favourite recipes to keep your hard work on track.

Creamy Coconut and Mango

What you’ll need:

200ml coconut milk

4 tablespoons coconut yogurt

120g frozen mango chunks

1 passion fruit

1 tablespoon flaxseed mix (optional for added nutrients)

What you need to do:

Simply measure out all of your ingredients and put them into a blender. Blitz until smooth and pour into a glass (this recipe makes enough for two). Additionally, you can add half a passion fruit to the top of your drink for extra flavour and garish!

Very Berry Breakfast Smoothie

What you’ll need:

450g bag frozen mixed berries

450g strawberry yogurt

100ml milk

25g porridge oats

2 tsp honey (optional, to taste)

What you need to do:

Add all ingredients, minus the oats and honey, to your blender and blend until smooth. Stir through your oats and add honey, as you wish, to taste. This will make enough for four servings, alter the quantities as needed!

Peach Melba

What you’ll need:

410g can peach halves

100g frozen raspberry

100ml orange juice

150ml vanilla yogurt

What you need to do:

Drain the tinned peaches and add to the blender along with the raspberries, orange juice and yogurt and then puree until smooth. Pour over ice for a refreshing drink and garnish with some raspberries!

Hi, my name is Caitlin and I am a third year BA (Hons) International Business student currently majoring in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I am a lover of all things beauty and makeup related and in my spare time I love to read fashion and beauty blogs to keep up with the latest trends. I am also a keen traveller, having spent 4 months studying in Montreal, Canada last year which was the best experience of my life to date!