This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

If you don’t drink tea, considering starting now. There are many enticing health benefits to drinking tea.

Did you know that tea is the second most consumed drink in the world? There are over 3,000 varieties! Many believe that tea has the power to calm the body, aid digestion, and detox your body.

Tea can boost your energy, help reduce the risk of heart attack, and is full of antioxidants, and can help lower your risks of certain diseases.

Green tea contains catechins, a type of antioxidant, that can fight and prevent cell damage.  Many believe green tea helps aid them in weight loss.

Many people use tea brands to help aid them in weight loss as well. I’m sure you have heard of SkinnyMint’s 28 Day Teatox or Yogi Tea products you can find at the supermarket.

Whenever I have a stomach ache I brew up some Peppermint Tea. Peppermint has been known to calm the stomach. Next time you find yourself in a cafe sip a cup of tea in place of your usual latte and reap all the benefits. 

Tiffany is a senior at Stony Brook University majoring in Business Management. She’s an avid chocolate lover, enjoys traveling, taking pictures and baking. One day she aspires to speak Spanish fluently.
Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor