Style > Beauty

What You Need to buy from Sephora’s Holiday Savings Event

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

Sephora has their annual Sephora’s Holiday Savings Event where you, depending on your beauty insider tier  can get up to 20% off with the code HOLIDAYFUN until November 9th! The sale starts/ed depending on your tier; for rouge members the sale started in October, VIB on 11/3 and Beauty Insiders on 11/5. One of my favorite things about the sale this year is that Sephora recently released new products including their new get wild line and most holiday products and kits are out. However, it can be a bit overwhelming but have no fear. I took it upon myself to find some of the best products that you might want to stock up on.

Sephora Collection. This house brand is really like no other. They have everything from tools and accessories to makeup and skin care. I was able to get some recommendations from Sephora Collection National Artist Helen Phillips on what products you should pick up.

Sephora Collection Vitamin Mask Kit  it helps with everything from mask  to changes in your skin from the cold weather. She also suggest this as gifts to get for people who are tough to buy for. Phillips also cited their scent, which she describes as ” a tropical island – who doesn’t love some me-time in the tropics, especially in the comfort of your home? ” I can’t say I disagree. 

Sephora Collection Skincare Surprise Set 

It is a great way to try out a bunch of different products. It has products such as a Cucumber eye mask which Phillips says “is great for puffy eyes and giving you that spa experience,” it also jas a lip scrub which Pillips says, and who doesn’t agree, ” is essential this time of year.” 

Sephora Collection  Jungle Gaze Eyeshadow and Lash Set 

This set some with an eyeliner, eyeshadow palette and lashes as well as lash adhesive so it’s a great value! Phillips says that the shades are colorful and work for a variety of skin tones and seasons! She also adds “that it’s the gift that will keep on giving.”

Sephora Collection Bright and Beaming Brush Set 

There is no other way to describe this brush set than the way Phillips says:  “A complete brush set can be hard to find at such a great value,” the brush set includes brushes for your eye, fave and brows and can be used with a multitude of formulas/finishes. 

Sephora Collection Rose Quartz Gua Sha 

Phillips says this tool is a great way to relax by giving your face a massage This tool is a great addition to  way to give your face a massage. 

Sephora Collection Wild Wishes Cream Lip Stain Set ($30)

Phillips loves the lip products. She says “they last forever, and they are a comfortable, wearable matte shade. Another benefit for the diehard fans is that the Cream Lip Stain collection comes in 90 shades, but if you find it overwhelming to navigate all of these, look no further than this kit! It has six best-selling shades just for the price of TWO—so it’s a mega deal on a cult favorite.”

Other brands to check out:

Hourglass released their holiday products and they are absolutely beautiful. I am in love with their blush!

Sublime Flush: It is such a beautiful and light color. The At Night blush has a bit if a rosier color If you haven’t tried their products before, the Mini Ambient Lighting Edit Sculpture Unlocked is a great way to dip your feet into the the products. It gives a luminescent natural glow that looks like it comes from insid  for highlighting and contouring. Their N°28 Lip Treatment Oil is a great way to get come color and condition your lips. The colors is very smooth, pigmented and high shine without stickiness. I found it lasted a long time and there was even a flush of the color on my lips afterwards. 

Their Confession Refillable Lipstick Duo -Sculpture has two different colors, ‘At Dawn’ which is a deep rose, and ‘At Dusk’ which is a beautiful cranberry. With the rise of clear masks these are the perfect lipsticks to get. It is long lasting and refillable, which I love!

Patrick Satrrr‘s also has his brand One/Size there. Point Made liquid eyeliner pen in black is a must have. His Eye Popper Sparkle Vision is also a great way to incorporate glitter and this season.   

Mario Dedivanovic famously known as Kim Kardashian West’s Makeup artist finally came out with his own line: Makeup by Mario. He has some basics like Master Mattes that everyone could use. The eyeshadow are mattes and would work for just about anyone. 

Milk Makeup has a beautiful Glow Oil Lip & Cheek . It really gives a nice flush/glow with the color being overbearing. I love the color Halo-  it is a pink shimmer. I found it also softened my lips especially. It is also a great time to try their CBD + Arnica Solid Body Oil. CBD is a popular ingredient to cosmetics and this product is said to sooth and comfort skin. According to the description it is said to be “formulated with 100 mg of broad-spectrum CBD derived from hemp domestically grown in Tennessee, USA.” And nothing is better than getting great skin and supporting home grown products.  

Supergoop, known for their sunscreen, which we need all year round, is also sold at Sephora. The Glow Stick SPF50 gives an amazing glow while you are protecting your skin from harmful rays. Their hand screen is among my favorite.

Another skin care brand I love is Tata Harper- their Resurfacing BHA Glow Mask is just amazing there no words for it besides amazing. 

It is also the time to stock up on Beauty Blenders. Regardless of which color you choose I find that the beauty blender is still the best blender out there. I personally like to have one for moisturizers and sunscreen, one for foundation, one for powder and one for bronzer so the colors and products don’t get mixed together. It’s also a great time to try their Bounce Liquid Whip Long Wear Foundation, which is smooth, creamy and lightweight.

I hope this list helped you narrow down on your shopping list!

I love writing about beauty, entertainment, fashion and accessories and more. I love musicals, singing, movies and all things beauty including hair! I've acted in movies, sung opera and won pageants. I also write fiction and many of my stories have been featured in anthologies.
Cece Cruz

Stony Brook '21

President/Editor-in-Chief here at the Her Campus Stony Brook Chapter! I joined Her Campus in Spring 2018 as a Junior Writer and I am currently majoring in Journalism with a minor in Political Science. My personality is somewhere between Rachel Green and Phoebe Buffay. I call that balance. In my free time you can find me doing... I'm a college student, if I appear to have any free time I'm probably procrastinating.