This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

The Jonas Brothers just recently releases a new single and it has everyone in a nostalgic frenzy. Not only is their new song a banger, but it reminds us of their roots. Remember when their music videos would show during commercial breaks on Disney Channel? Seeing them perform again has sparked a much-needed revisit to the old days on Disney and the quality shows they aired. Here are a couple of them that made us love Disney Channel.

1. Lizzie McGuire

What made this show great was little, cartoon Lizzie that would make an appearance every so often and comment on real-life Lizzie’s mishaps. She said what was on all of our minds and taught us how to be authentic to ourselves. Of course, however, we loved real-life Lizzie just as much as she tried to balance her parents, little brothers, and middle school life. Oh, and we can’t forget about her BFFs Gordo and Miranda; they showed us what loyalty is in a friendship.

2. That’s So Raven

The fact that Raven was able to see into the future made us envy her. We all wished we had the same ability, but watching her juggle with her power as a teenager was pretty satisfying in itself. Each episode was a ridiculous misadventure. It made us question if we really have the power to change our future and if we should.

3. Hannah Montana

This is a classic show about a girl trying to get the best of both worlds. Miley had to manage both being a huge pop star and being a regular teenager. Each episode kept us on the edge of our seat as she tried to hide her identity from fans and friends. On one hand, we would see her performing on a huge stage and on the other hand, we would see her working the surf shop after school. Could she really keep up both appearances? This show was definitely a rollercoaster to watch.

4. Suite Life of Zack and Cody

Twin brothers creating mischief in a hotel? Sign me up. Zack and Cody were the ultimate trouble-making duo that annoyed everyone working at Hotel Tipton. From pulling pranks on Esteban to pissing off Mr. Moseby, these two were hilarious to watch. Their polar personalities only added to the appeal of the show with Zack being an obnoxious flirt and Cody being a shy pupil.

5. High School Musical

This wasn’t really a show, but they honestly should have made it into one because we were all obsessed with it. Troy and Gabriella became an iconic love story ever since HSM first premiered on Disney Channel. They were the “it” couple of the 2000s. Even so, every character in HSM was entertaining and had relatable qualities (even Sharpay). I have never really been into musicals, but HSM is an exception.

Overall, Disney Channel helped shape our childhood. From the crazy adventures of Zack and Cody to those of Raven and her group of friends, these shows taught us a great deal about being teenagers. Maybe it’s time to re-watch all of these.

Junior Health Science Major
The collgiette's online guide to life in seawolf country.