Top 5 Pocket Stones That Every Woman Should Have

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

Crystals are harvested from the Earth’s crust and thus share energy with Mother Earth herself.

Whether you’re into metaphysics, astrology, or anything remotely spiritual, you should definitely have at least one of these stones in your pocket. You’d be surprised at how different and improved your day is. There are stones for studying, love, luck, healing, etc. and depending on what calls to you, every crystal has specific properties to offer and exchange with you.

Here are some essentials that every woman should have:

1. Rose Quartz

Rose quartz is known as the stone of love; It attracts love and helps you to share love. Rose Quartz is especially helpful if you’ve been through a heartache, as it will help you heal and attract love of all kinds into your life, including for yourself.

2. Moonstone

Moonstone will help you connect with your inner self, help you find emotional clarity, allow you to access your inner feminine energies. It’s perfect for helping to stabilize your menstrual cycles and can aid with pain associated with it.

3. Lapis Lazuli

Lapis Lazuli stimulates your higher mind. That means that this stone can help you with focus and communication so if you have trouble expressing yourself and can’t concentrate or stick to one task at a time, this stone will be your perfect companion.

4. Jade

Jade brings abundance, good fortune, and good health into your life. It can help you appreciate the joy and blessings that you have around you, extinguishing and cleansing negative thoughts from clouding your mind.

5. Malachite

Malachite not only protects from negative energies but can also dissipate any emotional confusion that you may have. If you’ve been through a severely traumatic event, whether in this life or a past life, malachite will lend strength and help to slowly overcome any negative links to trauma.

Here are two local metaphysical shops where you can buy crystals:

Breathe: 116 East Main Street, Port Jefferson, NY 11777 (631-642-2377)

Envision Crystal: 109 Arden Place, Port Jefferson, NY 11777 (631-331-3308)

This list doesn’t stop here. If you happen to venture to your local metaphysical shop, these crystals may not even call to you. You may go in there and pick up a labradorite or an amethyst. The point is to let your spirit precede you on this journey that you are embarking on. You are already on the right path. Just keep moving forward.

Reena Khan

Stony Brook

Name: Reena Khan Year: Senior Major: English with Journalism Minor Hometown: Valley Stream, NY What does being on the Her Campus Stony Brook team mean to you?: I can work with a community of beautiful and diverse women to share our stories, raise our voices, and bring each other together through writing. HerCampus represents the unification of women and there's nothing I appreciate more! Where do you want to be in 5 years? Hopefully living somewhere tropical with a beautiful, big family! Why are you proud to be a Seawolf?: Being a Seawolf means that I'm a part of something much bigger than myself and that I have a purpose and duty to my college community. 
Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor