The Ultimate Collab Gift Guide: Disney, Marvel, DC and More

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

When you know what people are into, you get the chance to personalize a gift to something they’d want and not just push aside to re-gift at the next chance like the SNL spoof featuring Emma Stone and a candle. 

The truth is, a lot of people are into a lot of different fandoms, making it easier than ever to find a gift. I found a lot of different brands, including some you might not expect to collaborate with fandoms such as superheroes, Disney, Hello Kitty, and more. I found a lot more than just simple trinkets. Here are some gifts that I think your friends and family will enjoy getting if they are into fandoms like Disney, Marvel, DC, Hello Kitty, etc. 

Wet Brush has more than a few collections that those in specific fandom would love. They have a Harry Potter collection where there is a brush for each house. Each brush has a specific design as well as containing hair ties with a charm that features the four houses of Hogwarts. Wet Brush also has a line of Hello Kitty and friend brushes available. They teamed up with Goody for a great gift box of two detanglers, original size, and mini, as well as a few themed hair ties/scrunchies that vary depending on the collection. In addition to Hello Kitty herself, her friends also include Kerappi and Chococat. Wet Brush also has a huge line of Disney items. In honor of Disney’s 100th anniversary, they have solo brushes of Disney Characters as well as a kit. There are also Disney Princess-themed brush kits such as the Ariel kit which contains a full-sized original detangler with Ariel on it and the mini detangler with her best pal flounder on it.  

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, known as TMNT to fans, has made its way back to screens again. There are constantly new movies, series, and games coming out, so I see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles merchandise around for a long time. They have a collaboration with Skullcandy for headphones. They did have TMNT Push Active Wireless Earbuds, which have a green turtle shell design; Push Active earbuds have ear hooks and very clear and sharp audio, but they are no longer available on their USA website, but it is available overseas. However, Skullcandy’s TMNT PLYR Multi-Platform Wireless Gaming Headset is still in stock as of publishing. This gaming headset, complete with a microphone, works for a variety of game types. It has a 24-hour battery, Bluetooth 5.2 wireless technology. Another feature is a game/chat mix.

AMC theaters have an online website where you can get movie souvenirs along with AMC exclusives like popcorn buckets, apparel, and more. They have current and past movies. As of publishing, you can shop from past movies as Barbie, and current ones including Wonka and Aquaman. This also includes items such as themed popcorn tins and drink holders. They have a Barbie popcorn holder that is a pink Corvette. If you are a fan of Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, they have a Black Adam Limited Edition “Film Cell” Wall Display. The display contains hand-cut pieces of film, which makes it a very unique gift.

If you’re looking for Disney jewelry and accessories, hold the phone- do I have options for you!

BaubleBar has cornered the market on Disney Jewelry and accessory items. They even created jewelry cases including two large one that look like Mickey’s head and Minnie’s head covered in thousands of pearls or crystals, respectively! They have a set of 12 earrings, a pair for each month. These studs contain one Mickey and one Minnie and are designed/decorated with a different theme each month. For instance, on the Fourth of July, Mickey has a patriotic-looking hat and Minnie has stars in her bow in honor of the 4th of July while in April both Mickey and Minnie don bunny ears. BaubleBar recently released Disney 3D Characters Piso bracelets. They have Mickey, Minnie, Donald Duck, and Daisy as 3D charms which are surrounded by 3mm gold beads. At the time of publishing only $10 each! They are lightweight and aren’t bulky, so they make great stacking bracelets. I thought the charms were a great size at .66″ x .39″. They are big enough to look recognizable and be noticed, but not too big as to overpower anything else you might want to wear. Another Disney item that stood out to me is their bag charms. They carry both 3D and 2D charms. They vary from bold colors to rainbow glass stones to a classic enamel look. Because of the variety of choices, the bag charms can be used for a variety of ages. They do have some bag charms listed under the kids’ sections, but those honestly can work for adults too, and vice versa, as it’s Disney.

BaubleBar recently debuted a few Disney jewelry boxes, which honestly makes sense considering all the Disney jewelry they offer. They have a Mickey Mouse Disney Metallic Storage case. This is the smallest one and is great for travel. They have two cases, one featuring a picture of/aptly titled Mickey Mouse and his Friends, and the other one is dedicated to music called Musical Mickey Mouse and Friends. This box has musical notes and contains characters from various decades such as Elsa, Woody, and of course Mickey in a band leader outfit. Both are a velvet line one-layer case. Their largest Disney-themed box is the Mickey Mouse Disney Jewelry Lacquer Box with two options. This design is a white background with various sizes and expressions on Mickey’s face. The other one is rainbow-themed. It has rainbow lines of Mickey’s silhouette, with each line being a different color. It has two layers with many individual spaces sectioned specifically for items like earrings, bracelets, necklaces, and rings.

Loungefly is known for its fandom bags for humans, but they recently released a line of pet accessories. The line includes treat bags and dog harnesses, collars, and leashes. The items they have available span the gambit from Classic Disney, such as Winnie the Pooh, Starwars, Marvel, and Loki. Some of these do have similar styles available for human bags so you can match your pet! Such as this Loki dog harness and this human mini bag.

Cakeworthy is a fashion label that creates unique designs with a lot of collaborations. If you’re having trouble finding a collab gift for a specific fandom, you should check out Cakeworthy; here are a few collaborations that aren’t necessarily able to be found at your local Target. They have items from Scooby-Doo such as a PJ set and hoodie. They have a Golden Girls collaboration with shirts, sheets, and pins among the items. They even have an Elvira collab with items like a blanket, shirts, and a denim jacket! In addition to clothes, they also sell accessories such as sticky notes, sheets, duvets, and notebooks.

A unique gift for a Barbie fan would be a custom nameplate in a font similar to the Barbie style. This isn’t an official collaboration, but when I came across this unique gift on Etsy, an online marketplace many individual creators and small businesses use, I thought it was worth mentioning. The item sold from LittleAntCrafts is 1.75” high and .75” deep. The actual width and depth depend on the amount of letters. What stood out to me is that you have the option to have more than 10 letters which isn’t always an available option for anything having to do with names.You have three different options for colors: white lettering on a pink base, a typical Barbie style, pink letters on a white base, and white on a blue base.

OPI x Barbie nail polish is a line that is a must-have if you’re a fan of Barbie… or Pink. It contains 9 different shades with five different shades of pink! They also have two blues and a yellow. The line itself is a mixture of glitter, shimmers, and cremes – all are more than Kenough for any look Barbie or not. Three of my favorite shades are Bon Voyage To Reality– it’s a mix of white pink and nude and makes a very good neutral base. Yay Space is a gorgeous shimmery baby blue that to me outshines other shades. Lastly, I cannot get enough of Every Night is Girl’s Night! It matches the outfit that Barbie wears at her Girl’s Night Party. It is buildable so you can use it as an accent on your nails or go for a more opaque look. You can layer it. In addition to the individual shades being available, there is a duo pack with Hi Barbie! A saturated pop pink and Bon Voyage To Reality. There are also two different types of press-on nails available.

Enso Rings has the largest collection of Fandom rings in one place I have ever seen! There are too many designs to mention them all.

Enso rings are beautiful silicone rings with the largest collab selection of rings I have ever seen. Many of the rings are etched and have a 3D-like quality to them. They have a huge Disney Collection that includes movies like Hocus Pocus as well as Mickey and Minnie. There are ones that contain the well-known Mickey Ears silhouette as well as ones that are a little more intricate, but you can go for something in between, such as the Mickey Mouse Silhouette Ears ring. The background of the ring is debossed while Mickey’s Silhouette, which is around the band and one heart in the middle, is embossed and all smooth. Something that stood out to me about the ring is that it is steel blue instead of a black shade. While it still is very dark, it has a different shine to it. They have a line of six Marvel rings. Two rings are Ironman, Captain America, and the Hulk-themed. They vary from having the character’s face etched to having representations such as a ring with a star that is aptly called Cap’s shield. It is a bright sapphire blue and white pearl. I also like this ring because stars can mean a lot of things to a lot of people and can reach beyond just Marvel fans. I think it would also make a nice gift for a soldier or someone in a military family because the star is cut out and the color behind it is a pearl white. Reminding me of the stars of the American flag. Even though there are 3D elements to the ring it still feels soft and comfortable to wear as it isn’t thick. Enso also has a line of DC
Comic rings. Their DC collection Includes Wonder Woman Batman, Superman, and The Flash. They have four rings that have the individual insignia of each superhero. They recently introduced a ring designed after Wonder Woman’s Lasso of Truth. They have other fandoms including Harry Potter, (you can get a house ring!) and the Lord Of The Rings. The rings have a lifetime guarantee covering wear and tear, rips, stretching discoloration. The rings themselves are soft silicone. They have three widths, halo is the smallest, then thin, and finally standard.

Lantern Pins is a small business that caught my eye because of the vastness of the fandoms they address. There are a lot of pop culture items for sale. If you’re buying for a Taylor Swift fan this seller has some great items including a 1989 Collection. This collection includes a key chain that says “In My 1989 era” key chain, as well as seagull earrings and accessories. They have pins, and stickers from various fandoms including Star Wars, Stanly cup toppers, and BTS key chains.

Lights Lacquer is a nail polish brand that has a Polly Pocket Collaboration. What drew me to this is the colors. The shades themselves are jelly-cream shades that the brand refers to as crelly. They have four shades, It’s The Little Things, which is described online as a light orchid, Pollyville which is a soft fuschia, Pocket World, a seafoam teal with a diamond shimmer as well as Tiny is Mighty! which is a sheer lavender polish with a diamond shimmer. The shades reminded me of the kiddie peel-off nail polish I used as a child. The Pocket World shade is a beautiful teal color that has a shimmer to it. The crelly is very obvious as the shade does have some sheer properties but you can build it. However, I haven’t been able to get it to be 100% opaque but it is an absolutely beautiful shade. The collection also has charms that contain various shapes such as hearts, shells, and flowers. Some of the charms are matt while others have holographic finish.

Goody has two collaborations that I would be remiss not to include. One with visual artist, designer, and muralist Hola Lou and visual artist, author, and educator Reyna Noriega. These two collections were originally launched as a celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month. Goody is well known for the quality of their hair items and I believe that both lines hold up to that high level of quality. Both collections are available at Walmart.

Reyna Noriega‘s collection contains items including a hair scarf, various satin bonnets and hair scarves, scrunchies, detangling pick combs, and my favorite large slide-proof claws. What stood out to me about Lau’s collection were the natural colors she used. Many of the items contain shades of brown, soft turquoise/baby blue mix, shades of peach, and shades of brick red. The colors are soft and soothing to look at. I found the large claws to be my favorite because I love how they look like palm leaves and are beautifully crafted/sculpted.

Hola Lou‘s collection stood out to me because of the diverse use of lines and circles. Lao’s diverse use of shapes such as lines and circles stood out here. The lines caught my eye because lines, which we sew all the time during our daily lives are presented uniquely. They are combined next to each other on top of blocks of colors or seeing the top of a collection of branched items never truly seeing if they originate from one point of origin or several. I love the knotted headband as it isn’t too tight on me- I always wear it when I do my skincare routine and I often forget to take it off as it’s so comfortable I forget it’s there.

I hope I helped you tick off a few boxes for your friends on your holiday list.

Happy Shopping!

I love writing about beauty, entertainment, fashion and accessories and more. I love musicals, singing, movies and all things beauty including hair! I've acted in movies, sung opera and won pageants. I also write fiction and many of my stories have been featured in anthologies.