This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

It can feel like an eternity sitting through graduation especially when it’s under the sun. And while you wait what seems to be a hundred years to hear your name it can feel like you are broiling. Well sometimes, currently it’s looking like graduation with be a balmy 65 degrees, so it also might be the perfect time to pick up on alumni sweatshirt to slip on under the gown. But in case Mother Nature decides to grace us with another spring time heat wave, here are a few things you need to survive graduation.

Hydration

Mini Hydrojug and sleeve

What made Hydrojug stand out to me is multifaceted but here’s the breakdown of the item itself: it holds 32 oz worth of water and feels lightweight and can be used with and without a straw. When you use it with the sleeve you can put it over your shoulder keeping your hands free. 

Why is it great for graduation? It is small enough to hide under your robe during the procession and take a drink of water throughout the speeches. I have never had a problem with leaking with mine. 

Both retail for $17.99

Sunscreen

Coco & Eve’s new Body sunscreen spf 50+. You can’t skip out on sunscreen. Even though your whole body may not show you can still get sunburned in the spots that do.

Two things drew me to this product ingredients/features, and environmentally responsible. It has Aloe Vera and coconut oil. Those are two things I normally put on my skin, like thousands out there as they are widely known for their skin-softening properties. I wear sunscreen every day. Since I started using this sunscreen my skin I don’t need to apply any extra Aloe or coconut oil. There are no fragrances or white casts. As I mentioned it is environmentally friendly as it is Hawaii Reef Compliant ($32).

Makeup

Urban decays 

24/7 INKS LIQUID EYELINER

I am someone whose eyeliners tend to run. It’s something I’m used to, having to fix throughout the day. My first time trying this, I didn’t have to clean anything up. In fact, I took a shower and it still looked amazing. The staying power 

If you are someone whose eyeliners tend to run in the summer or when you sweat this eyeliner will last you all day. Mine not only lasts all day but even through a shower so a graduation will be no problem. $26

Stila’s

Save the Day Eye & Lip Perfecter

This is the size of a pen with one line allowing you to fix up any smudges or mistakes in your eyes and lips. It is two-sided. The solid oil-balm makeup remover stick and then you remove it with the sponge tip on the other side. There was no greasy residue and it did not bother my sensitive skin.

NYX’s Shine Loud Vegan High Shine Long-Lasted Liquid Lipstick

If you follow the directions the clear gloss somehow makes the lip color fresh for hours. I don’t know if it’s magic or just amazing but it is worth the $12 for a variety of shades. 

Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush

FLAWLESS, PORELESS SKIN SECRETS set. It has Airbrush Flawless Foundation as well as Airbrush Flawless Finish. Charlotte Tilbury is known for her makeup products and for keeping celebrities looking good. And let’s face graduation is your time to be a celebrity. I have worn these products in 85 degrees weather and nothing budged. So I think it’s safe to say it will 100% be able to handle not just the general graduation ceremony but any department graduation(s) you choose to attend. 

Hair

Great Barrier Heat Protectant Hair Spray 

This is sold by itself as well in a pack of four other travel items (dry shampoo, volumizing mousse, and finishing spray) for $ 12 bucks.The travel size makes it very easy to keep with you to keep your hair-do still done while waiting for your diploma. 

Beach Bum Hair Lightener

If you are trying to lighten your hair for summer you can take this opportunity to spray on some Beach Bum Hair Lightener. It does have hydrogen peroxide but it works best when used before going in the sun, according to my hairdresser. He recommended this over other products. So, if you have to be there, and plan on using it why not use the time wisely?

(You Didn’t) Wear SPF Dye Free S.O.S. Aloe Gel

No that wasn’t me chastising you that’s actually the name of the product. Sometimes you miss a spot when applying sunscreen. It’s a shame those sunscreens that turn from blue to clear went out back when purple ketchup did. But in any case, having Aloe gel helps with sunburn. $10

So I hope the suggestion of my favorite products helped you survive graduation. Con-grad-ulations!

I love writing about beauty, entertainment, fashion and accessories and more. I love musicals, singing, movies and all things beauty including hair! I've acted in movies, sung opera and won pageants. I also write fiction and many of my stories have been featured in anthologies.