Meredith Kress-Summer Girl Legs Swimming Pool
Meredith Kress / Her Campus

Summer Fun: Movies, Snacks, and More!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

Summer break is almost upon us and can be a lot of fun– that is if you have the right plans! So here are some things such as movies, clothing, and accessories to help you not only look your best but make plans this summer! 

Summer blockbusters are back! If you are a fan of Chrises of Hollywood then you are in for a treat as three out of four of Hollywood’s most famous Chrises (Pratt, Evans, and Hemsworth) gracing screens this summer!

Dr. Strange is one of the most anticipated movies this summer. Starring Elizabeth Olsen (Wandavision) and Benedictine Cumberbatch (Power of the Dog) reprising their roles as Wanda Maximoff and Dr. Steve Strange respectively for The first time since Avengers: Endgame in 2019. This movie introduces America Chavez (Xochitl Gomez), an LGTBQ+ character who “keeps being tossed around the multiverse multiple, multiple times” according to Kevin Fiege, Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) producer and president of marvel studios. Elizabeth Olsen has said her approach to her character was always to defend her, like a lawyer. It makes one wonder if Wanda is going to be punished for her actions in her Disney+ series Wandavision

While it was revealed by Fiege that the audience will see more of what Wanda’s life could have been it was also revealed that there is going to be some horror and suspense. They have done a good job of keeping the movie and main plot points tight-lipped. I’m personally wondering if it will explain Avengers: Endgame‘s discrepancy where 

* Spoiler Alert* 

Captain America/Steve Rogers’ (Chris Evans) shield was completely destroyed earlier in the Endgame causing him to leave with just Mojiner and no shield as he travels to the past. However, seconds later Rogers returns as an old man to pass on a perfect shield without explaining where the perfect shield came from. Did the multiverse start there? Or maybe I’m just reading too much into a discontinuity issue. Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness appears on screens on May 6th. 

Following that is Lightyear. A Disney Pixar release that explores the origin story of Captain Buzz Lightyear (voiced by Chris Evans) who is one of Toy Story‘s most beloved characters. Lightyear stars Keke Palmer (Alice) and Taika Waititi (Thor: Love and Thunder). Buzz inadvertently time travels into the future with his robot cat, but he is determined to finish his original mission and we find the true meaning of “to infinity and beyond” on June 17th.  

Looking for some sweet treats? 

Blue Bunny had some amazing cones, Twist Cones, that you just have to try! Nestle has nothing on these. My favorite two are the chocolate peanut butter, which reminds me of Reese’s peanut butter cup, and the chocolate vanilla, which is better than any fast food or Nestle cone!

A fan of the summer staple The Original Bomb Pops? Make sure to check out their banana fudge version! 

Need new haircare products for summer? 

Whether you spend a lot of time out in the sun, chlorine, or dye your hair blonde check out Zoto Professional. I found their Essential Moisture and Deluxe Moisture products and products for curly hair helped not only to hydrate my hair but to keep my curls defined and bouncy without any crunch! 

Vera Bradly collaborated with Disney’s The Little Mermaid for some fantastic sea-themed items.  Disney Triple Zip Hipster Crossbody Bag and The Tote Bag. These are worth every penny. They are sturdy, and roomy, I found I could fit almost anything I’d need in there from an extra pair of clothes to a swimsuit and even an iPad! The crossbody’s pockets allow for easy access to things such as hand sanitizer without reaching into the main compartment. 

Stony Clover and Target released beautiful items from clothes to accessories and makeup to shoes and, of course, bags. I found the clothing to be absolutely amazing! The colors and patterns are beautiful. Two of my favorites are the sunglasses and baseball hat. The sunglasses are perfectly tinted and very comfortable. The pink baseball hat has the cutest embroidered hearts, which matches perfectly with the clothing from their pink line.

Here’s to a fun safe and healthy summer!

I love writing about beauty, entertainment, fashion and accessories and more. I love musicals, singing, movies and all things beauty including hair! I've acted in movies, sung opera and won pageants. I also write fiction and many of my stories have been featured in anthologies.