Style > Beauty

Six Companies Are Donating to Charities Amid COVID-19 and You Can Too!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

COVID-19 has caused many hardships in several different communities. However, it has done one good thing: it has brought the country together. Communities, politicians, and business have put aside their differences. Companies have stopped the production of their regular products to produce things like ventilators and PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) and hand sanitizers, which are needed the most right now. 

The following are some beauty companies and organizations that are donating to charities to help those in need during these difficult times.

Support Creatives

Support Creatives is a new non-profit to help support the beauty industry. Their program includes emergency support, mentorship, online education program, and more. It was founded by beauty publicist Melody O’Flaherty and her husband, celebrity hairstylist Michael Dueñas. They are currently fundraising right now, and you can help by going to their website.

Volto Urbano

Volto Urbano is an indie beauty brand. They are helping to make sure people can get the food they need during the COVID-19 crisis such as those who are sick and vulnerable to COVID-19. They are partnering with three charities that are countrywide. 50 percent of all profits going to these charities: No Kid Hungry, Meals on Wheels, and God’s Love We Deliver. You also get to choose which charity your donation goes to. The brand has even created impact meters for each charity on their site to track how much is given.   You can follow along and see how much has been donated by going to their website.

Mad Hippie

Mad Hippie is a makeup and skincare brand that is known for its products that are synthetic-free, paraben-free, and dye-free. They are currently donating $1 from every web purchase to both Meals on Wheels and wildlife conservation, which they regulary donate to.

Jazmine Beauty

Jazmine Beauty is a new clean beauty brand that has made a big splash. They are a sustainable beauty brand that is also cruelty-free and vegan. As we all know, those with underlying conditions such as diabetes are at high risk for developing COVID-19. Jazmine Beauty donates portions of every purchase to UC Irvine for Diabetic research. On the invoice that comes with your order, they even thank you for giving! You can use the code CRUELTYFREE15 for a one time 15 percent discount on your order.

Kim Kardashian West

Kim Kardashian West and her shapewear company, Skims is helping to support mothers and children affected by COVID-19 by donating one million dollars. Skims previously announced that 20 percent of the cotton collection will be given to Baby2Baby’s COVID-19 Emergency Response program. Baby2Baby has distributed over a million items such as formulas, clothing, and hygiene products.

Farouk Hair Systems

Farouk hair systems, which are well known for their CHI and Biosilk brand, have stopped normal production and started making hand sanitizers. They have donated one million worth of hand sanitizers to Houston & Tomball, TX. You can also purchase the hand sanitizers yourself.

If you’d like to contribute keep in mind all items are subject to availability.

I love writing about beauty, entertainment, fashion and accessories and more. I love musicals, singing, movies and all things beauty including hair! I've acted in movies, sung opera and won pageants. I also write fiction and many of my stories have been featured in anthologies.
Cece Cruz

Stony Brook '21

President/Editor-in-Chief here at the Her Campus Stony Brook Chapter! I joined Her Campus in Spring 2018 as a Junior Writer and I am currently majoring in Journalism with a minor in Political Science. My personality is somewhere between Rachel Green and Phoebe Buffay. I call that balance. In my free time you can find me doing... I'm a college student, if I appear to have any free time I'm probably procrastinating.