SBU Singer Amanda Jayne on Her New Music Video “One”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

Name: Amanda Jayne

Year: Sophomore

Major: History/Theatre Arts

Hometown: Long Island, NY

What is the current music project you are involved in?

Amanda: “I just released my very first music video with a new single called “One”. It’s part of a larger work that I can’t tell you about yet, but stay tuned!”

When did you first get started in music?

Amanda: “I started writing songs when I was thirteen, and by my senior year of high school, I had a bunch of songs I wanted to show the world. I started playing open mic nights and small gigs and recorded an EP of original music. Since then, it’s been hard work to improve musically and gain a bigger following!”

Can you tell us about your new music video, “One”?

Amanda: “It’s probably the coolest thing I’ve ever done. I came up with the concept and Mirrorland Productions helped me put it into motion. I was going for a dark romantic comedy vibe to contrast the happy pop song, and I think it came out really well! I was able to have some of my friends in there as extras, too.”

What does your music mean to you? 

Amanda: “Most of what I write has a deep personal meaning, so it’s really an expression of myself through lyrics and music. Songwriting has always been my outlet for feelings. It’s easy to connect with me as a person through my songs.”

What kind of impact do you hope your songs have on people?

Amanda: “I hope that when people listen to my songs, they feel connected and understood. I hope they realize they’re not the only ones experiencing a certain emotion or going through a difficult time.”

What does the future have in store for you?

Amanda: “That’s a good question! I have no idea where I’m going to end up. I hope music becomes even more of a success and I’m able to make it a full time gig. But if it doesn’t, songwriting will always be a huge part of my life.”

Check out more from Amanda by visiting amandarjayne.com and following her on Facebook

Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor