Quotes to Get You Through the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

“You have just one life to live. It is yours. Own it, claim it, live it, do the best you can with it.”

-Hillary Clinton

“Tough times never last, but tough people do.”

-Dr. Robert Schuller​

“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.”

-Harvey Fierstein

“The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has been before.”

-Albert Einstein​

“If you cannot be a poet, be the poem.”

-David Carradine

“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the sky.”

-Oscar Wilde​

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”

—Eleanor Roosevelt

“Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are.”

-Kurt Cobain​

I see you've stumbled your way onto my page! Well if there's anything you need to know it's that my blog's like a box of chocolates because you never know what you're gonna get. If you like short and sweet, try a piece on fashion and decor. If you prefer the dark side, you can sample a bit of hard hitting world news. And if you like to spice things up, you can taste test some features on comics, games or tv shows.
Proud Long Island Native. Psychology major and Writing minor. Passionate about writing, helping others, promoting positivity and telling stories that make a difference.
Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor