“A Quote A Day Keeps the Blues Away”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

We all need a little pick-me-up sometimes. While everyone has different methods of coping with difficulties, words of inspiration and encouragement are often an effective way of lifting spirits. Quotes That Will Change Your Life, a book edited by Russ Kick, is comprised of inspiring, genuine, and sometimes vividly raw quotes that deal with matters ranging from love to life to personal well-being.

Hand-picked from this handy collection are some of my personal favorites that can do a lot to not only get us going but also keep us going, no matter what life throws our way.​

“Work begins when the fear of doing nothing at all finally trumps the terror of doing it badly.”  -Alain de Botton

“I hope for nothing. I fear nothing I am free.” -Nikos Kazantzakis

“I dwell in possibility.” -Emily Dickinson

“Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you’re alive, it isn’t.” -Richard Bach

“For all that has been — thanks. For all that will be — yes.” -Dag Hammarskjold

“Although the world is very full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” -Helen Keller

“You are that which you are seeking.” -Saint Francis of Assisi

“If you hear a voice within you say, ‘You cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” -Vincent van Gogh

“The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.” -Henry Miller

Kailey Walters

Stony Brook '19

I'm a simple girl. My idea of a good time is a quiet night with friends or curling up with a good book. Some of my other favorite things include running, swimming, people watching, and of course, writing what I know. Currently an English and Psychology double major with a Creative Writing minor, graduation bound in spring 2019!
The collgiette's online guide to life in seawolf country.