Style > Beauty

Nomad Cosmetics Released Their Latest Palette: Nomad x Cartagena Mágica

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

Nomad Cosmetics is a makeup company founded by a wife and husband duo who create palettes based on their travels. Their latest palette of 15 shadows, ‘Nomad x Cartagena Mágica’ is inspired by the city of Cartagena in Colombia. They got the inspiration from the colors of the colonial homes and historic churches, the surrounding nature, eclectic energy and the vibrancy of the city. They also drew inspiration from author Gabriel García Márquez’s stories, which invoke magical realism and no doubt contributed to the inspiration behind the beautiful shimmer colors. 

Their variety of colors is great for the Fall. It is a brightly colored palette filled with orange, yellow, pink, and a hint of purple with a variety of finishes from matte to shimmer with zero fall out. I find a few of the shimmers look close to being full glitter shadows such as La Luz Malva, which is a beautiful magenta pink, but actually has the shimmer/glitter effect without sacrificing the actual color of the shadow. This is something that I have found in other Nomad palettes as well, and is quite unique as with shimmer or glitter shadows one usually finds a lot of fallout as well as a loss of color between the palette and application, but neither is true when it comes to Nomad’s palette; each shadow is as vibrant on the skin as it is in the pan. All the colors have the same undertones so they can all be used together without concern of it clashing. 

Regardless of the finishes, the shadows themselves blend together like silk, and are highly pigmented whether you use primer on your eyelid or not.  

The pinks included are great to use if you are attending, virtual or otherwise, a breast cancer fundraiser or event. The yellows and oranges, while beautiful by themselves can be used for a great candy corn inspired look. Furthermore, if you add a little pink or purple into that it makes a great sunset look. The yellows are beautiful, while they are saturated and bright, they aren’t neon and can be worn every day. Alpha is one of my favorites as it has the most beautiful shine to it, and can be used as a highlighter or all over your lid, in fact, all the colors are equally as useful as all over the lid, highlighters, or crease colors regardless if you are wearing jeans and a tee, a formal dress or a nice shirt and PJs pants set for a zoom class. 

The shadows are made with rosehip oil, which is known to enhance and nourish the skin. Rosehip Oil also fits perfectly with their Colombia theme as roses are actually a major export of Colombia. Furthermore, the shadows are PETA Certified Cruelty-Free and vegan. They are free of parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, talc, and gluten.

With Halloween just around the corner, this palette is also perfect for creating a variety of Halloween makeup looks or to add makeup to your costume. The collection of yellows, pinks, and oranges make for a perfect butterfly makeup, Lisa frank inspired makeup, pop art/comic book, or fairytale-inspired looks including unicorns, fairies, and pixies.  

Take a look at the palette here

I love writing about beauty, entertainment, fashion and accessories and more. I love musicals, singing, movies and all things beauty including hair! I've acted in movies, sung opera and won pageants. I also write fiction and many of my stories have been featured in anthologies.
The collgiette's online guide to life in seawolf country.