This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

It’s finally spring! And that means swap those sweaters for skirts, grab those sunglasses and go for a drive to the beach. I love spring for many reasons: there’s nicer weather, it’s finally acceptable to eat ice cream (but if I’m honest I eat it all year round), and the snow is finally melted and out comes the plants! One of the best things to do in spring is to look at all the pretty flowers and trees. I especially love going to New York City to see all the lovely flowers lining the concrete jungle.

Here are my five favorite places to go and see all the beautiful florals in New York!

1. Central Park

As obvious as it is, some of the best flowers can be seen all over the 843 acres the park covers in Manhattan. I especially love the cherry blossoms by the Met Museum on 5th and 82nd street. The Kerbs Boathouse also always has beautiful plants lining the way to the pond and to the Bethesda Fountain.

2. New York Botanical Gardens

This garden is one of my favorites because there’s so much variety of flowers. I especially love the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory greenhouse because of the stunning annual Orchid Show. Another favorite is the perennials found in the seasonal walk but the entire grounds are incredibly beautiful and perfect for a weekend activity in the Bronx.

3. Washington Square Park

Another obvious choice in Manhattan, but I really love the flowers that bloom around NYU and Lower Manhattan. I especially love the tulips found in this area. It’s so relaxing to just sit in the grass or on benches, look at all the flowers and people watch.

4. High Line

Not usually known for its floral beauty, the High Line is very beautiful during the spring and summer months. I especially like the vibrant flowers they plant that contrasts the old railway line. The views of Chelsea isn’t too bad either, especially since I like to grab a crepe from Chelsea Market while I stroll along.

5. Park Avenue

Also not known for its flowers, Park Avenue and pretty much the entire Upper East Side has wonderful tulips lining the streets. I really love the bright little surprises you find as you walk along the concrete streets of 70th street and above. They’re really perfect because I love how the match the lovely pastel macaron colors from my favorite macaron place Laduree (70-71st Madison Avenue).

Journalism major and freshman Traveler, writer and photographer Lover of all things Paris
Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor