Her Campus E-Board

Meet the Her Campus Stony Brook E-Board!

Her Campus Stony Brook was founded in April 2015 by our first president, Shannon Blackmer. Our goal is to create a safe space for like minded seawolf collegiette's through our writings, social media accounts and events on campus. Get to know our Fall 2020 Executive board below and find out how you can get involved with us this semester!

Cece Cruz: President/Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent 

[bf_image id="2cfk4h2s3889qj879tj5nf9"]

Major: Journalism and Political Science 

Year: Senior

"A fun fact about me is that when I was little I wanted to grow up and live in every country on earth for atleast a month but I grew up to be a homebody instead. I joined Her Campus because I wanted to be part of an organization where I felt my voice was heard. Being a member of Her Campus for the past two years has given me the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally."

Melanie Macias: Vice President and Senior Editor

[bf_image id="6kp5prnwrwm9zjt2q59cz"]

Major: Spanish Literature and Education 

Year: Senior- combined Bachelor and Masters Program 

"In my spare time I enjoy playing volleyball, reading, and listening to music. I joined Her Campus because I love the freedom Her Campus offers to talk about any topic and how it empowers women to be themselves and love themselves."

Leela Rajeev: Events Coordinator and Treasurer

[bf_image id="2tvrqtb7mp98k9b59nxvr48h"]

Major: Sociology and Economics

Year: Junior

"In my spare time I enjoy dancing and listening to Kpop. I joined Her Campus because I wanted a safe space to discuss all of my thoughts about being a woman on a college campus as well as get to know other amazing ladies at Stony Brook!"

Kelsey Murray: Secretary and Social Media Director

[bf_image id="pxgggfxf28sv4z962wrsscf5"]

Major: Biology

Year: Senior

"A fun fact about me is that I learned how to knit when I was in 4th grade. I joined Her Campus because I wanted to find a collaborative group of women on campus. My freshman year I wanted something to make me feel grounded in a new environment and Her Campus did just that!" 

Amrit Nasiruddin: Junior Editor

[bf_image id="wx26tg9jp6ptsgqkcqzmjph"]

Major: Philosophy Major on Premed Track

Year:  Junior

"My fun fact is that I joined Her Campus so that I'd be able to do one thing just "for me!" I enjoy writing and especially enjoy editing. I think it's very important to do at least one thing for your own personal pleasure— especially in an otherwise busy life!"

Mary Pochron: Undergraduate Representative 

[bf_image id="hptmsvmv44spfvgsnbq4x7m"]

Major: Business Management 

Year: Senior

"A few fun facts about me are, if I could go anywhere in the world, I would go to Iceland. My comfort show is The Office. My first celebrity crush was Jesse McCartney.

I joined Her Campus because I thought it would be good career experience since I want to go into social media marketing. I love being on the E-board because everyone is so great and helpful and it's cool to have an influence on such a major organization."  

We look forward to hosting fun (virtual) events for you this semester and creating inspiring content for all our loyal readers. Thank you for supporting us for the past five years and beyond!

Interested in joining our team?

Apply to become a writer or content creator on our social medias here!

For questions and other inquiries please email us at hc.stonybrook@hercampus.edu

The collgiette's online guide to life in seawolf country.