Style > Beauty

La Bella Donna: The New Must Have Compacts!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

LaBellaDonna is a new mineral based, clean, reef safe cosmetic company. That alone was enough to draw me to their products. What really stuck with me is the versatility of their products. Many of them can be used on multiple places on your face!

Their Visions of Minerals Light quad can be used for eyes, blush and bronzer! The compact, mirror included is sleek, sturdy and fits in my pocket. I tried the sunset compact  and I love the bronze colors, they are perfect for fall! They went on very smooth and had amazing color pay off without a primer and zero fall out. The colors lasts long as well. I also tried two of the colors for bronzer and highlight and it gives a great glow! Their duo lip crayon is amazing. In my opinion there is nothing better than getting a matching lip liner with a lipstick. I found that they glide on smoothly and are easy to sharpen. It didn’t dry out my lips and it stayed for a while. Pencils like these are easy to clean/sanitize when you get sick! 

Just because Summer is over doesn’t mean you can skip the sunscreen. I tried their liquid foundation with SPF and the color went on so smooth and blended so well! It’s my new go to! I then set it with their Minerals on the go 50 SPF. What I love about this powder is that you can control how much powder/coverage you want from just a little to full coverage. The powder went on easily and didn’t settle onto pores and didn’t look cakey!

What I think makes La Bella Donna stand out from other companies is that many of their products, especially their compacts, as I mentioned, can be used in multiple ways on your face so you don’t need to carry five million different items. They also have a skin care SPF line that is made specifically for men! Which makes a great gift and a great excuse “but I bought something for you babe” for when the giant box of cosmetics shows up at the door.

I love writing about beauty, entertainment, fashion and accessories and more. I love musicals, singing, movies and all things beauty including hair! I've acted in movies, sung opera and won pageants. I also write fiction and many of my stories have been featured in anthologies.
Cece Cruz

Stony Brook '21

President/Editor-in-Chief here at the Her Campus Stony Brook Chapter! I joined Her Campus in Spring 2018 as a Junior Writer and I am currently majoring in Journalism with a minor in Political Science. My personality is somewhere between Rachel Green and Phoebe Buffay. I call that balance. In my free time you can find me doing... I'm a college student, if I appear to have any free time I'm probably procrastinating.