Womens History Month 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Womens History Month 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Join Her Campus x FMLA Women’s History Month Events!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

In honor of Women’s history month this year, join Her Campus at Stony Brook along with FMLA (Feminist Majority Leadership Alliance) to raise funds for Days for Girls.

Days for Girls is a non-profit organization that strives to provide women and girls around the world with important education about menstrual cycles and with necessary feminine hygiene supplies that they often lack.

Days for Girls distributes eco-friendly reusable pads, which last for up to three years, to millions of women and girls who would otherwise miss school and work every month.

We are hosting two virtual events the next two Fridays to help raise funds for this cause! Our goal is to raise $250.

Our first event will take place this Friday, March 26 at 1 P.M. via Zoom. Maya Brown from the Career Center will host a workshop on how to use social media sites like Linkedin and Twitter professionally to network and advance your careers!

Our second event is a Netflix party on Friday, April 2 at 8 P.M. We will be watching ‘Operation Varsity Blues: The College Admissions Scandal.’ 

The suggested donation amount is $3 per event, which will also enter you into a raffle that we will be giving away at our second event on April 2nd. You can choose to donate $1 for an extra raffle ticket as well. 

Be sure to follow us on IG @hcstonybrook to stay updated on our events!

Links:

Donate here: 

bit.ly/FMLAHC

March 26- Career Workshop:

https://stonybrook.zoom.us/j/96662974312?pwd=cFBkVDdYMUQ3NmxyUVd4SUF1RCsxUT09

April 2- Netflix Party:

https://stonybrook.zoom.us/j/97005782226?pwd=bFkzNFBLYURFMm5tMElzdmFmdmtXdz09

The collgiette's online guide to life in seawolf country.
Cece Cruz

Stony Brook '21

President/Editor-in-Chief here at the Her Campus Stony Brook Chapter! I joined Her Campus in Spring 2018 as a Junior Writer and I am currently majoring in Journalism with a minor in Political Science. My personality is somewhere between Rachel Green and Phoebe Buffay. I call that balance. In my free time you can find me doing... I'm a college student, if I appear to have any free time I'm probably procrastinating.