Girls’ Night: Mug Cakes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

Picture this: It’s the weekend and you don’t feel like going out. Or maybe you’ve been studying all day and you are craving a sweet snack. Why not get together with the girls and bake? Sometimes in college it is hard–not all of us live in cooking buildings–or we just don’t have enough time to bake. Luckily, microwaves are easy to find in every college residence hall. Mug cakes are super easy and very delicious. There are so many different cakes you can create. All you need is a recipe, a mug and you are ready to bake.

For all the chocolate lovers out there, why not try a chocolate nutella mug cake? Chocolate and nutella pair together so well, making any regular chocolate treat one-hundred times better.

Find the recipe here: Chocolate Nutella Mug Cake

And if you aren’t a fan of nutella, classic chocolate cake is always a delicious option. You could always add chocolate chips to the mix to make the dessert extra-chocolatey.  

Find the recipe here: Chocolate Mug Cake

Is chocolate not for you? No worries, there are plenty of yummy chocolate free cakes as well! Here are a few of my favorites:

This sweet treat is a take on a strawberry shortcake, made with strawberry yogurt and fresh strawberries. Be sure to add a dollop of whipped cream. Yum!

Find the recipe here: Strawberry & Cream Mug Cake

Craving a muffin? You can make a warm blueberry muffin cake in the microwave as well! It’s packed with fresh blueberries and can be eaten for breakfast as well.

Find the recipe here: Blueberry Muffin Mug Cake

You’ve got your friends, a few recipes and some hungry stomachs….start baking!

Tiffany is a senior at Stony Brook University majoring in Business Management. She’s an avid chocolate lover, enjoys traveling, taking pictures and baking. One day she aspires to speak Spanish fluently.
Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor