XBadSkincareHabits HeroImagepng?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
XBadSkincareHabits HeroImagepng?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus / Megan Charles
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

October is here and so is fall! Here are some places where you can find some products this Fall to help you while you’re on the go.

Make-up

I love Bodyography‘s Inner Glow Stick! It is moisturizing and gives you enough glow to make your skin look healthy but not oily. I am absolutely obsessed with glow nowadays because it makes your skin look younger and healthier. This stick goes on smooth, is non-greasy, and gives you just the right amount of glow. It is also double-sided so while one side is clear the other one gives you a natural-looking golden sun-kissed shine. 

They have Glitter Pigments that you can use as an eyeshadow and are easy to apply and remove. It is highly pigmented without primer and goes on smoothly. The glitter lasts all day. When it came time to remove the glitter, it came off easily with their Cleansing and Soothing Wipes. The wipes contain cucumber, aloe, as well as Vitamin E, just to name a few so they really are refreshing and soothing! 

Nomad Cosmetics released a new palette: The Orient Express. The colors are just as varied as the characters in the famous Agatha Christie Novel/movies of the same name, yet linked together. This is one of the most versatile palettes they have come up with. There is a variety of colors and finishes such as mattes, shimmers, and glitter. There is a full range of neutral colors from a light beige to a dark brown making it easy for any skin tone to use this for a natural look as well as to contour. There is a matte red, shimmer pink, matte yellow, and gold. There are also three colors in which there is a matte and shimmer choice: white, blue, and green. The colors blend together very well making the combination of various colors such as yellow and brown a beautiful mix. The palette itself comes in a cushy plush velvety container. 

Nails

Gel: Gel nails are many people’s go-to in the salons but you can get the same quality at home with Daily Charme. They not only offer gel polishes in an outstanding number of colors but toppers that can take an ordinary manicure to extraordinary. Their Unichrome powder is among my favorites! I could look at the shine all day. All you need is to replace your gel nail polish topcoat with a non-wipe top coat. I used Daily Charme’s Chrome Effect No-Wipe Gel as I believe in using a brand’s products together. Something to keep in mind is that not all topcoats are created equal, some leave a sticky residue and need an extra step after curing. You then rub on the Unichrome and cure. They also have glitter. It is very easy and takes the fear out of using glitter on nails. I have been afraid of glitter ever since I had my dip-sister of 2019 where, let’s just say, I learned using glitter dipping powder on an unsteady surface such as one’s bed is a no-no. But Daily Charms Galaxy Holographic Glitters are easy to use and look beautiful. After applying Daily Charme’s 5-in-1 Strengthening Gel, you can use any brand adhesive gel polish, you apply glitter, shake off the excess glitter, cure, apply a coat of nonwipe top coat (I used Daily Charme’s Chrome Effect No-Wipe Gel,) you cure it and there you have it. 

Matte: If you are someone who is into different textures they also have an awesome Velvet Matte No-Wipe Top Coat. You can make the tips of your nails matte or if you are into stamping you can make your mani stand out by having the base color matte and the design shiny. Here is a look at some of the Daily Charme products in action.

Regular nail polish: Regardless if you were always a regular nail polish person or are switching to gives your nails a break, Orosa Beauty came out with a beautiful limited edition collab between Charli and Dixie entitled Coastal Craze. It has your basic colors, your must-haves brights, and complementary colors.

The colors include #1 Baby, a cherry red, Beachy Sunset, a bright neutral purple, Baecation, which to me looks like a mix between a ballerina pink and dusty pink, and Piggy Pink, which is a cool barbie pink, Bahama Blue, which is a beautiful aqua blue, Cove, a complimentary baby blue, Abyss, sandy beige, and Rapids which is a cool beige. The colors are not only in style, but as I mentioned are complementary to each other making designs such as ombre looks and tye-dye easy to do.

The colors go on smoothly and dry fast. The brush Orosa uses for all their polishes is a curved brush so it fits the shape of the nails better and therefore makes application easier. Here is Baecation and Piggy Pink and here is Cove and Bahama Blue. I also used Orosa Beauty’s Pure Stick Base Coat and the Gel Shine Top Coat. 

If you need a polish to help your nails recover from gel polish then you can also use as a base coat. Check out Le Mini Macaron’s Rescue Moi After-Gel Nail Recovery. I felt my nail strengthen immediately after it dried!

Accessories: Sun glasses and blue light glasses

Topfoxx is a NYC brand that has some amazing sunglasses. Sunglasses are a great addition to any outfit and who doesn’t love or want to support local businesses? I love their rose-colored mirror glasses in Marilyn; it is a comfortable fit with flare to the frame. I also noticed that it is basically impossible to scratch the mirror lenses unlike similar products from other brands. Also because they are mirror lens sunglasses, I found I could use the glasses themselves as a mirror to touch up my makeup and hair. 

Topfoxx also has blue light filters. Their frames are gorgeous such as Juliet. They have multiple colors including a purple, which is a very light purple as well as red, which is a beautiful reddish berry color. It is super comfortable, lightweight and has spring hinges so it will fit basically anyone. 

Hair

If you need to cleanse your hair, Unwrapped Life has amazing hair cleanser bars. Yes, that is the right bar. The shampoo and conditioner come in bar form stored in times. The Detoxifier line has a shampoo bar and conditioner bar. The Detoxifier contains activated charcoal, aloe, bergamot, and blood orange. They smell great and with the help of ingredients like charcoal, cleanses your hair leaving hair feeling fresh and clean. It is easy to use and I found that I don’t apply too much shampoo or conditioner with the bars. I end up using only what I need, which makes rinsing easier and of course I don’t have any residue in my hair. You also avoid using bottles that produce less waste. The company is very eco-friendly and eco-aware! If you go to their about page you can find information as well as how they are taking steps to help the environment by having bar shampoo and conditioner. 

Do you need to repair some damage due to the summer sun, chlorine, and bleaching? BondiBoost is a haircare line from Australia that is known for its growing line. They recently came out with a Rapid Repair line. This line helps soothes cuticles and makes hair feel soft especially when combined with their repair serum. It is a gentle line that works hard. I saw results right away. I recently went for a trim and my hairdresser even noticed the lack of split ends and I haven’t had a (self) trim since around early March and 6 months later I only needed about an inch off!

Skin Care

Has acne become an issue for you? Or is your skin out of balance? 

Ellis Day Wild Resilience is an amazing serum that resets my skin. It uses phages that kill bad bacteria without drying out your skin. The formula feels like it is a mix of gel and water. It absorbs easily and quickly. Personally, I noticed that the product was gentle and calmed my irritated skin and helped control breakout. The minute I saw the hint of a blemish start I applied the serum 2x a day and it never became a full-fledged breakout. I used it on one side of my face to see the difference and there was a noticeable lack of redness, the skin looked glowy and clearer vs the side I used nothing on. 

KylieSkin has also released a Clean Complexion Correction Stick as a part of her clarifying collection. It has the well-known acne fighter, Salicylic Acid, and is said to be non-stripping

Aromatherapy

Oilogic is a brand that specializes in essential oil products for people of all ages. Essential oils are known for their positive impact on people’s health and mood. They have products for the entire family. Their oils include roll-ons for Sinus and Allergies as well as one for Headache and Tension both are really great for Fall allergies and work very well for me. They also have roll-ons for Attention and Focus as well as one for Rest and Sleep. In addition to roll-ons they have a line called OMG, which contains essential oil infused shower gel for adults as well as a bath solution for kids. It was nice to finally find something that you can use in the shower as many other brands usually focus on bath products only. I found the OMG Shower Gels to not only be gentle but to smell amazing as well. I found the products to be the most balanced roll-ons among the dozens of brands I have tried. 

Oilogic is a gentler smell without sacrificing effectiveness; one scent doesn’t overwhelm the others and the overall scent isn’t overwhelming either. I feel confident that I can use the ‘Headache And Tension’ roll-on without worrying that I am walking around smelling like I bathed in peppermint.

Hope you enjoy this list of Fall must haves!

I love writing about beauty, entertainment, fashion and accessories and more. I love musicals, singing, movies and all things beauty including hair! I've acted in movies, sung opera and won pageants. I also write fiction and many of my stories have been featured in anthologies.
The collgiette's online guide to life in seawolf country.