This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

The Easter season is upon us causing bunnies and Easter egg decorations to be displayed in many retail stores and schools. Add some spring fling to your style with this Easter egg inspired nail design that can be done in three easy steps! The best things about Easter eggs are that no two are ever alike, they are also almost never perfect in their designs and the design can be super simple. So you can go as basic or as intricate as you like. I chose to show a simple design that any age or skill level could easily do.

Step One: Choose a Base Color 

I chose green. While you don’t need to have a base color I do suggest that you put on at least clear nail polish to prevent any staining that can be caused by the color you choose to make the egg. This base ended up drying very streaky. If your nail polish ends up drying like this don’t worry about it because the egg will cover most of the inconsistency.

Step Two: Make the Egg

To make the egg you just need to make an oval While this can be done with the nail polish’s brush I suggest using a nail tool such as one that has a rounded edge for dotting or even using a toothpick. Start with making the outline of the oval and fill it in.

Step Three: Decorate the Egg

You can decorate the egg by using anything from lines to zig zags to dots. Remember you don’t have to be perfect with this because what Easter egg is ever perfect in its designs? I decided to go with lines in three different colors and widths and two sets of dots. 

I love writing about beauty, entertainment, fashion and accessories and more. I love musicals, singing, movies and all things beauty including hair! I've acted in movies, sung opera and won pageants. I also write fiction and many of my stories have been featured in anthologies.
Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor