Daelyn Josefak: How Study Abroad Changed Her Life for the Better

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

Name: Daelyn Josefak

Year: Junior

Major: Business with a specialization in Marketing 

Minor: Media Arts

Hometown: Lake Grove, NY

How has studying abroad in London changed your life?

Daelyn: “It gave me such a great opportunity to see the world and experience cultures and countries that I’ve always dreamed of and I definitely have developed a deeper love for traveling. It was just cool to see how other people lived and I feel like I’m more confident in what I can do now because I got on my first plane ride alone for 7 hours and got off in a different country not knowing anyone. So now I’m willing to take more risks and I surprised myself with how much I was capable of doing on my own.”

Kayla Keller

Stony Brook

I am a Junior at Stony Brook University majoring in Linguistics and minoring in English and Writing and Rhetoric. I love reading and traveling to places I've never been before. I often go on adventures, such as hiking and finding new towns and cities to explore. These moments truly inspire me to continue writing, especially about the different places I've gone to and the experiences I've had. Ever since I was a young girl, I've always wanted to become a published author!
Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor