Choosing the Right Anastasia Beverly Hills Palette for You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

Sometimes, when we love a particular makeup brand that has sooo many options for us, it can be hard to choose which makeup to get, especially if we’re on a budget. Anastasia Beverly Hills has been a very talked about makeup brand within the past couple of years, especially for their liquid lipsticks, brow products, and stunning eyeshadow palettes.

ABH has four delectable eyeshadow palettes on their website to date. All of four of which have been the subjects of much praise, especially by renowned makeup artists and famous Youubers. It helps that there are so many Instagram and YouTube videos out there to give an unbiased critique of ABH palettes on the basis of pigmentation, color payoff, fallout, Tblendability, etc. So whether you’re a diehard fan and buy every single palette like I do, or if you’re a newbie to ABH and want to know what palette would be right for you, just keep reading!

Modern Renaissance

Let’s start with the classic: Modern Renaissance. This palette was a fan favorite from the start, showcasing oranges, reds, and pinks with pigment that people have been dying for. I recommend this set of lovely eyeshadows if you love a warm, springtime look. It’s easy to combine the matte and shimmer shades for a delicate smoky eye or a sparkling cut crease.

Subculture

Subculture seriously embodies its name. It’s all about controversy. This is the palette that gathered mixed reviews across the board. Some fell in love with its fall-time, cooler shades but some felt that the fallout and unblendability were this palette’s downfall. If you’re a rebel, if you like cool tone shades and want to make a statement, this might be the palette for you.

Prism

The Prism palette was part of ABH’s 2017 holiday launch, and it had makeup fanatics going crazy with the festive shimmer shades. I recommend this palette is you love more sparkle than matte, and if you love to go all glam, since this palette is a little more on the dramatic side with darker and bolder shades.

Soft Glam

Soft Glam is ABH’s newest release and part of its 2018 Spring launch. If you want something soft and more wearable for every day, then this is the palette for you. You have your hint of sparkle and dark shades in there too, just in case you did want to do a bold look, or transform your day look into a night look.

Honestly, it all depends on your personal makeup preference. Definitely go into a Sephora, Ulta, or other retailer to swatch and play with the shades before you make your final decision. What’s great about these palettes is that they all have wonderful shades for the crease, lid, and brow bone. Also, they can all be used to make super soft looks or super dramatic looks, so you do have some variety with each other these. And of course, the option is there to just get them all if you really can’t decide. We can never have enough makeup after all!

All images courtesy of Anastasia Beverly Hills

Reena Khan

Stony Brook

Name: Reena Khan Year: Senior Major: English with Journalism Minor Hometown: Valley Stream, NY What does being on the Her Campus Stony Brook team mean to you?: I can work with a community of beautiful and diverse women to share our stories, raise our voices, and bring each other together through writing. HerCampus represents the unification of women and there's nothing I appreciate more! Where do you want to be in 5 years? Hopefully living somewhere tropical with a beautiful, big family! Why are you proud to be a Seawolf?: Being a Seawolf means that I'm a part of something much bigger than myself and that I have a purpose and duty to my college community. 
Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor